sharetrader
Page 145 of 214 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155195 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 2135

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    yea but there was no hint given , normally when a transition is too take place the market is fore warned
    If it was a shock to the Board they might not have received 3 month's notice and certainly wouldn't have announced the new appointment on the same day as the resignation.

i decided to sell all my holding , invested to fellow mouter which proved well rewarded. might come back in time once see how company goes now
    one step ahead of the herd

Not really unexpected as we're betting that when he came on board then, he will be staying for just 5 years. He lasted 7 yrs and all those years was just to let the bottom figure shine by reducing staff almost every 6 months so those on the top can collect their bonuses.

disc: took the company to mediation when I was made redundant and I was happy with the result

Quote Originally Posted by RGR367 View Post
    Not really unexpected as we're betting that when he came on board then, he will be staying for just 5 years. He lasted 7 yrs and all those years was just to let the bottom figure shine by reducing staff almost every 6 months so those on the top can collect their bonuses.

disc: took the company to mediation when I was made redundant and I was happy with the result
    you have to adjust any company to the times even if it means removing staff unfortunately im sure he doesnt enjoy doing it but his job is to ensure the company is fit for purpose.

anyway in my eyes this was a sudden departure not a talked about transition , i have listened in on numerous results calls and never recall hearing moutter say he was leaving soon in any of them. so in my eyes we now have a un proven person in the role of ceo running a big company in a huge year as far as there new strategy goes. considerable risk has been added now to any bad outcomes.

Jolie Hodson has been with Spark for six years, and in that time was CEO of the Spark Digital unit before everything was consolidated, so not entirely unproven. But as you say, big year for Spark so she has a challenge ahead of her.

I hate to say this, but I really hope that Spark, in its big push for diversity over the past couple of years, hasn't chosen Jolie in part because they thought having a female CEO would look good.

Time will tell ...

Disc: Employee, hold a small parcel (sold most off in the past five months)

Quote Originally Posted by oldtech View Post
    Jolie Hodson has been with Spark for six years, and in that time was CEO of the Spark Digital unit before everything was consolidated, so not entirely unproven. But as you say, big year for Spark so she has a challenge ahead of her.

I hate to say this, but I really hope that Spark, in its big push for diversity over the past couple of years, hasn't chosen Jolie in part because they thought having a female CEO would look good.

Time will tell ...

big difference between running a unit and running a whole company. spark has outperformed telco peers share price wise for a long time , it would be terrible if this proves the turning point in hindsight of when spark plays catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtech View Post

Time will tell ...

Spark got a female Chair as well .....that’s good
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

im calling 4.25 area as the top now and recent action suggests a downtrend has commenced , next test recent lows around early 3.50s , big pivot area 3.30

I see very good value at current price, yield 6+% and Spark is growing (cf other yield plays on nzx) down trend and momentum is not in our favour though. I'm buying a few at current levels, should return to $4

Quote Originally Posted by NZSilver View Post
    I see very good value at current price, yield 6+% and Spark is growing (cf other yield plays on nzx) down trend and momentum is not in our favour though. I'm buying a few at current levels, should return to $4
    im picking the new ceo will not be as good as moutter , the business will decline slowly and the div will reduce next yr. my assumptions are based on the change of guard