sharetrader
Page 158 of 214 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168208 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 2137
    Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Well I have no idea what a VPN is I watched the Aussie Wales game last night, it was the first game I have watched using the Spark Sport app and a chrome cast thingy to cast to my quite old TV. I had no problems at all so happy customer great game

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Well I have no idea what a VPN is I watched the Aussie Wales game last night, it was the first game I have watched using the Spark Sport app and a chrome cast thingy to cast to my quite old TV. I had no problems at all so happy customer great game
    You might have to wait until you're under 50.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Or not if he is happy with what he has.
    Sometimes these things are solutions looking for a problem - to the beholder anyway.

Ok so I googled VPN, apparently its a Virtual Private Network for those of you who are like the Bear and have no idea what it is.

TBO I still have no idea what it is so think I will stick with my Spark app, my wee chrome cast thingy and my old TV while it works off course.

Ok so I googled VPN, apparently its a Virtual Private Network for those of you who are like the Bear and have no idea what it is.

TBO I still have no idea what it is so think I will stick with my Spark app, my wee chrome cast thingy and my old TV while it works off course.
    Just think of it as a virtual tunnel to another country. You connect your VPN choose California and suddenly every website you visit it looks like you’re in California (your connection quite literally is). So if an American broadcaster has the rights to show a game to only people stateside people can easily get around it by tunneling into an American node and the broadcaster can't tell the difference.
    Last edited by allfromacell; 30-09-2019 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by allfromacell View Post
    Just think of it as a virtual tunnel to another country. You connect your VPN choose California and suddenly every website you visit it looks like you’re in California (your connection quite literally is). So if an American broadcaster has the rights to show a game to only people stateside people can easily get around it by tunneling into an American node and the broadcaster can't tell the difference.
    Thanks for the explanation allfromacell. And is this virtual tunnel easy to set up and is it legal? The Bear is averse to ending up in a cage
    Last edited by RupertBear; 30-09-2019 at 04:55 PM.

Hmm and is this virtual tunnel easy to set up and is it legal? The Bear is averse to ending up in a cage
    It's straightforward to setup on your computer but might be tricky if you want to get your TV or another device connected.

The VPN connection is legal but what you do with it may not be, probably best to stick to the Spark sport .

Legend

TBO I still have no idea what it is
    And I have no idea what TBO means.

Guru

See I have dutch heritage and like watching dutch TV shows on demand. Problem is when I try and watch live stuff on NOS.nl it tells me that I cannot view that in my current location. So I switch on the VPN which then tells the NOS that my IP is coming from somewhere in the Netherlands. And hey presto I can view product. Many VPN's on the market and some good ones available from between $5 -$10 per month.

And I have no idea what TBO means.
    Oh dear I think the Bear meant TBH! But if you Google TBO it says it means “to be honest”. But why is that? I guess the moral of the story is just write the words in full for goodness sake!