sharetrader
Page 160 of 214 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170210 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 2136
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Is the cricket going to cost extra, or be covered in the same price as the football
    $18 a month.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    $18 a month.
    Now, that's quite an affordable price per month to watch a sport like cricket.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    But not so attracive if also paying for football, if each sport is an added cost then the total package for any multi sport fan (most are) is quite expensive

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    No its not. That is usury. I also have to pay $42 pm for NBA, $30pm for rugby, $x per month for athletics, $x per month for nfl, $x per month for football and I am paying well more than SKY charge with all the extra channels they provide.

I am not defending SKY as I think they could have innovated a lot earlier, but for the consumer who likes to watch a little of a lot of different sports this unbundling is a disaster.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    $18 a month.
    Where did you get that from?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    No its not. That is usury. I also have to pay $42 pm for NBA, $30pm for rugby, $x per month for athletics, $x per month for nfl, $x per month for football and I am paying well more than SKY charge with all the extra channels they provide.

I am not defending SKY as I think they could have innovated a lot earlier, but for the consumer who likes to watch a little of a lot of different sports this unbundling is a disaster.
    Maybe not such a disaster for Spark though

Legend

But not so attracive if also paying for football, if each sport is an added cost then the total package for any multi sport fan (most are) is quite expensive
    As I read it, most sports are covered by the spark sport subscription, a monthly fee of $19.95 - which can be purchased just for months you want. Only special events like World cup require separate payments.
    Loos to me like an excellent deal compared to Sky, which would only sell you sports in a package with all sorts of junk you may not want. While I appreciate some viewers may not have the bugs sorted out yet, for me the RWC has been crystal clear, both audio and video, with no problems at all. A far better, sharper picture than I have ever see on Sky.

Quote Originally Posted by 676767 View Post
    From a consumer perspective do we want that though? Then we just have another decade of a monopolised sport platform in Spark.
    Shareprice wise yea sure, competition and innovation wise, horrible for NZ
    good in the long run for spk share price also good for consumer if the price for sport is cheaper than sky. anyway in the future there is no guarantee spark will have a monopoly even if sky dies as the likes of amazon , google and facebook etc might become competitors for sports rights. for spark to really get the revenue flowing they need to get better covergae to the outbacks oh i mean regions lol
    one step ahead of the herd

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    As I read it, most sports are covered by the spark sport subscription, a monthly fee of $19.95 - which can be purchased just for months you want. Only special events like World cup require separate payments.
    Loos to me like an excellent deal compared to Sky, which would only sell you sports in a package with all sorts of junk you may not want. While I appreciate some viewers may not have the bugs sorted out yet, for me the RWC has been crystal clear, both audio and video, with no problems at all. A far better, sharper picture than I have ever see on Sky.
    Ah ok, so this 18 dollars for just cricket might actually be fake news

Ah ok, so this 18 dollars for just cricket might actually be fake news
    Yeah Spark answered an question about it on facebook and said that the cricket would be included in the standard price.