sharetrader
Page 18 of 217 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast

Question is....is ComCom going to take action against SKY for being too dominant in the entertainment/content business?

To show that it is even handed in view of the action it has already taken against Spark and Chorus ComCom needs to show it is honest.

3 dollars here we come
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

Hmmmm...An email from Orcon today..
    1...they have turned on their global mode...that means Netflix, BBC iplayer and other websites are not Geoblocked any longer..
    2...New plans out tomorrow..cheaper Fibre 100 plans have up to 100Mbps download speed, and come with up to 20Mbps upload speed.The new data caps and prices are:
    • Unlimited data for $115/mth, or
    • 100GB for $105/mth.

An interesting problem for Spark has developed..At least a couple of providers that I know of have now turned their global mode on...

Will Spark compete and turn their global mode on and hope that it won't cannibalise their Lightbox?

As I'm an Orcon customer I checked it out..yep it works.....Now lets see if my smart TV picks up these Apps now that they are unblocked.

Last edited by Hoop; 26-08-2014 at 08:15 PM.

Lightbox is not a big deal for Spark IMHO. Of course it wants to make money but it's $20M investment only and worth a punt.

Good to hear about the new plans from Orcon. Let's see what Spark and Big Pipe have to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    3 dollars here we come
    It will get there and beyond.....

Go on, someone hop in and buy one for $3.00

Tossed up myself weather to get a few more HNZ or SPK...went for HNZ in the end, will be a good comparison to see if I stepped the right way or not

Quote Originally Posted by blockhead View Post
    Go on, someone hop in and buy one for $3.00

Tossed up myself weather to get a few more HNZ or SPK...went for HNZ in the end, will be a good comparison to see if I stepped the right way or not
    Yay, we did it. $3 it is. Congratulations to everyone who held the line. I feel like celebrating a little.

Well Bull et al, it's reached the magic witching figure of $3.00. It must be someone's turn to shout :-)

Lightbox is being marketed for SPARK Home Broadband customers for just $7.50 for 6 months. SPARK may not be spending much on this stuff but surely it can only be a breadwinner too after testing the market. Just my feel so 3 bucks and more to the sp.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by RGR367 View Post
    Lightbox is being marketed for SPARK Home Broadband customers for just $7.50 for 6 months. SPARK may not be spending much on this stuff but surely it can only be a breadwinner too after testing the market. Just my feel so 3 bucks and more to the sp.
    Pirate series among flagships on Lightbox

.....Spark hopes pirates will boost the popularity of its Lightbox internet television service, which was launched at midnight.

That is fictional swashbuckling pirates from new television series Black Sails, to which Lightbox has secured exclusive rights, rather than the modern-day copyright-infringing variety.....see more
    Last edited by Hoop; 28-08-2014 at 09:24 AM.