sharetrader
Page 21 of 214 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    I'm enjoying this. How high will it go?
    its got good momentum at the moment and div to come
    one step ahead of the herd

Is div cut off the 24th?

Thoughts on taking the div or going for the DRP?

El Toro~

Quote Originally Posted by theace View Post

I always tend to use the DRP and then sell out if need be in a month of two time once the price regains

Quote Originally Posted by theace View Post
    Spark is ex div 26th Sept (day before my birthday :-)) but I remember seeing something about some complication on 25th so best to treat as div on 25th.

Sorry, I see it closed down. I should have Shut The FU, let's put it down to commentators curse. Do people still use that phrase ie "he's batting brilliantly today...oops he out, caught behind" etc.

Ah, its the long term average that counts, there's always the international blips and the natural halt to lots of days of rises! I'm still smiling and will be even if it goes down for a while.
    My reasoning a couple of years ago was, Look Tel/Spark has very good gross dividend ratio and inflation and interest rates are declining/staying low.
    Its just a matter of time before Tel/Spark shows it is stable/growing again and it will just have to at least double at some stage. Well it strung me out for a year or so but eventually it too could not resist logic and gravity!

Guru

Default Interesting trivia about global internet connections

Technology amazes me now and again..
    Just think..nearly all NZ internet data going global goes through the fibre optic cable at this size shown below

In the cross section diagram shown:

1. Insulating high density polyethylene (17 mm)
    2. Copper tubing (8.3 mm)
    3. Steel wires
    4. Optical fibers in water resistant jelly (2.3 mm)

This is the cross section of the Southern Cross Cable owned by Southern Cross Cables Limited the shareholders are (Spark NZ (50.01%), Singtel/Optus (39.99%), Verizon Business (10%)..

Yep...it those little dangly bits at the end that carry nearly all of NZ's data.....Worried about it being too small...no worries ... Initially, each inner cable had a bandwidth capacity of 120 gigabit/s after many technology upgrades later the total system capacity is now 3.6Tbit/s, Wikipedia

Always wondered how many other fire optic cables lie on the seabed around the world...see the submarine cable map 2014

Enjoy
    Hoop
    Last edited by Hoop; 09-09-2014 at 07:12 PM.

Wow, I didn't realise that cable was so small. Great map.

Advanced Member

A close relative went from school to the post office, Telecom, an honours degree from Canterbury, A scholarship with General Electric in the UK and back here where he went right to the top and now retired, spends yonks every year overseas at conferences and has probably forgotten more than most people will ever learn about this field. He was the one who advised me right from the start with Chorus to take the money and run. I did and it's still parked in the garage. I still dont get on with him but I listen to what he has to say in this field and decide for myself on investments. He still wonders why his sister married an uneducated Irishman - fifty years after the event. Especially one who has drunk as much rum as I have in the last few hours.