sharetrader
Page 22 of 214 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

Looks like a bit of a drop in the price in the next few days? or am I being pessimistic. I would like it to drop 10cps or more before the div.date. There are still fortunes to be made out there. A breakfast of pork sausages, eggs and stirfry veges has just returned me to sobriety on a sunny Hawkes Bay day. But no chainsaw "till after lunch - just in case.

Advanced Member

OOPS! Pre-market sales are as high as 313.7cps at 9.30 am although registered bids and asks are around 308 cps.

Hmmm, didn't work that way, perhaps a broker could explain why.

It means that some silly sod has egg all over his face for paying 313.5 per share for SPK when he could have got them for 306 per share if he had managed to wait half an hour or so.

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    Looks like a bit of a drop in the price in the next few days? or am I being pessimistic. I would like it to drop 10cps or more before the div.date. There are still fortunes to be made out there. A breakfast of pork sausages, eggs and stirfry veges has just returned me to sobriety on a sunny Hawkes Bay day. But no chainsaw "till after lunch - just in case.
    You're living the dream main man.

I'm happy that the share price is tanking a little before the payout. Good for my dividend reinvestment plan. Feel for the people that went balls deep at $3.15. I bought Telecom shares at $2.61, my first purchase of shares since 1987, just before the XT debacle. Been there, done that.

Advanced Member

Getting down to my price at last! I would like 288cps but thats as unlikely as Dotcoms knighthood - still, worth the wait.

Advanced Member

The buyers at $3.15 will get close to 5.5% net yield better value than some bonds so they won't be too despondent, might be $3.20 next week who knows?

Tim23, does that include the effect of Spark's dividends becoming 100% tax imputed in the future?

Not ex div yet are they ?

Advanced Member

No. But an 8cps drop in the price this afternoon is hard to explain? Anything to do with the zillion dollar fine hanging over Yahoo? someone out there must know something. I bought a pile at 304 for my son this morning, then up it went. Came inside for a rest from digging up the septic tank with the intention of buying in a pile more if it came back to 304. Thought I had pressed the wrong button when the price came up. By the way, Blockhead, how are things in Geraldine? Had a mate down that way many years ago, Chum Barton was his name - like fifty years ago.

Geraldine is just fine, worthy of a stop next time you are going through. Have been here on and off for more than 50 years, did know some Bartons in the 60's but they were out on the Plains.

shoite, they are still going down, might get a wee top up