sharetrader
Page 25 of 214 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Just thought I might add that Vodafone are basically discounting all their plans and ringing up customers to offer them better plans (y).
    More bad news for SPK

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11337716

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Jim, I couldn't open the link. When you say "more bad news", what was some of the other bad news?

Edit: sorry I can open it now. Phew, I thought it might have been something that was going to have a material difference on the share price. Never great to read about a dissatisfied customer but not everything is going to go smoothly in business no matter how hard a company like Spark tries.
    Last edited by Bobdn; 06-10-2014 at 08:13 PM.

Just a storm in a tea cup actually. Bad publicity alright but every now and then SPK gets a good publicity too. Like that endorsement from the Whale Oil lately .
    No, it should not materially affect the sp. SPK is spending a lot more now on their software changes and how it will play up in the end would be really material to way they compete for customer grab.

TBH this sort of issue can and does happen with other Telco's. I've been involved in sorting out similar incidents with both VFNZ and Spark and the cause can be complicated, especially when customer expectations and usage patterns do not match that which was initially agreed to.

Sometimes products do not work as intended (we had significant billing issues with Gen-I Mobile Office) but an amicable settlement was eventually reached without needing to go to the media.

Advanced Member

The great mystery for me is that on Monday of this week I was able to purchase a large parcel @ 288cps that I promptly returned to the block at 293cps. All day (Tuesday) the price stayed well below my figure then at the very last minute, shot up to 205 cps and mine sold. I have no objection to a handsome profit but my initial purchase price was half a cent lower than any published buy figure and the price I sold at was 2cps above what I was asking. Now, at close today, the price shoots up again? I know that the market is a funny place at times but I would love to know what I am missing.

How do you make a quid out of buying @ $2.88 and selling @ $2.93 ?

Surely your broker is the only one coining a $ here ?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blockhead View Post
    How do you make a quid out of buying @ $2.88 and selling @ $2.93 ?

Surely your broker is the only one coining a $ here ?
    Simple blockhead he moves volume eg if you move 50k shares for a 5c profit you end up with around $1900 profit after accounting for brokerage if you use the likes of ANZ.

You are correct, I use ANZ, just did a buy for 50,000 @ 2.50 and cancelled before I followed through.......$529 brokerage on $125,000.

Might have to get into some larger trades, now where has Mrs Blocky got the life savings stashed ?

Advanced Member

The actual buy was $86,400 and the sell was $88,500 less a pair of fees approx. $350 - a net gain 1750. $500 0f that is tax - maybe. I'm still no wiser about last minute inflated buys? Or how someone buys mine 2cps above what I ask? The large amount is life savings and I keep ALL my eggs in one basket. I used to play draw poker when I was younger.

Todays s/p $287, anybody want to put their hand up for buying.