sharetrader
Page 29 of 214 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast
    Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Thoughts on this current down trend TAers moving through the MA100 about now?
    Sometimes the charts really aren't all that helpful, like now with a major re-calibration in the Telecommunications sector. If one had been trading on TA, they probably would have quit SPK at around $3.20 when it broke down from the short term uptrend starting 16 Oct. Ditto for Chorus, one might have used the charts to buy around $175 late Sept, when it broke up through long term horizontal resistance, however right now the chart isn't particularly helpful for either, as SPK and CNU are both re-calibrating - not for 'technical analysis/chart' reasons. JMO, cheers.

Thoughts on this current down trend TAers moving through the MA100 about now?
    if no very positive outcome from SPK then sp will continue fall, i bailed at $3.05 with small profit, $2.45 could be too far, but current price still high if revised FY15 earnings less than FY14.Thats my 2 cents opinion.
    Last edited by Master98; 04-12-2014 at 04:43 PM.

Hunting for Heuristic trends

Im wondering if people are selling down spark and moving to cnu since it is looking "better". Spark/Tel has had its bull run since January, now time for the traditional Christmas collapse... opps I meant Summer siesta

Banned

I got out at $2.90 for a 10k loss basically hit 10% down so that's a big enough stop loss. My gut tells me Spark will be facing a lot of uncertainty over the coming months and I'm picking an earning guidance downgrade, if there is a downgrade I think I'll be buying them back significantly cheaper ,more than 10k cheaper and at least I can use the money rather than fretting. I got my timing wrong with this purchase for the first time with Spark and decided not to do my usual and just sit on it forever.

I got out at $2.90 for a 10k loss basically hit 10% down so that's a big enough stop loss. My gut tells me Spark will be facing a lot of uncertainty over the coming months and I'm picking an earning guidance downgrade, if there is a downgrade I think I'll be buying them back significantly cheaper ,more than 10k cheaper and at least I can use the money rather than fretting. I got my timing wrong with this purchase for the first time with Spark and decided not to do my usual and just sit on it forever.
    You take care! mate. Merry Xmas to all sharetrader members.

I too sold out today at $2.92. With a purchase price of $2.34SPK has been kind to me so far, but the future does not look as rosy. Depending on future guidance will look to return prior to the next dividend

Spark chief executive Simon Moutter says the company will finalise price rises within days

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/mone...ds-price-rises

Hunting for Heuristic trends

An interesting move by many Internet Service Providers.
    Orcon are busy removing peoples connections from Spark, and taking ownership so they can provide the telephone service through their own internal systems.... seems that historically Spark was somehow charging the ISP's when someone had a phone with spark but internet with someone else..
    Spark seems to be loosing actual telephone connections(paying subscribers), along with the growing trend for Naked Broadband that is now common amongst younger people, as they are all cell-driven.

Perhaps Chorus (the actual infrastructure) may play a more important role in the future
    Last edited by arc; 08-12-2014 at 11:36 AM.

it is a positive move for shareholders, but not for customers.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Master98 View Post
    it is a positive move for shareholders, but not for customers.
    Notice he said the price increase won't cover the whole loss of income plus the possibility of backdating, hot potato anyone? plus the splinter groups jumping in on the bandwagon again like they did with chorus last year. The whole ComCom overkill game playing regulation thing is just pathetic and makes us look like a joke to overseas investors, I'm just so over it that's for sure.