sharetrader
Page 34 of 214 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast
    Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by BIRMANBOY View Post
    Baa Baa...I'm sure Teresa will find 'three bags full" as a complimentary sample for you. Remember the value of a dollar has no stability....the value lies in the % yield return on your capital and Spark has done well for many investors. Like any investment it needs and (needed) to be managed and tweaked regularly. Buying "high" and passively watching is not going to get the job done that's for sure.
    Sadly, the vast majority of Telecom investors would have no idea about 'managing and tweaking investments', they buy a Telecom because it reliably paid dividends, however they also got with Gattung at the helm, a distressed company haemorrhaging their capital value. Clearly none of those investors are deciding the honours list LOL.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Sadly, the vast majority of Telecom investors would have no idea about 'managing and tweaking investments', they buy a Telecom because it reliably paid dividends, however they also got with Gattung at the helm, a distressed company haemorrhaging their capital value. Clearly none of those investors are deciding the honours list LOL.
    Gattung got a gong for services to NZ business and philanthropy. She was well paid by shareholders for doing the job she was paid for when CEO of Telecom. It is so much easier to afford the time for philanthropy when you have money and wealth. Perhaps the real philanthropists are those who have struggled financially yet still give time, effort and limited resources to help. They are true companions of honour.

The government sold telecom to American investors, who made a killing. The Americans got out and sold to many NZ mums and dads, who suffered capital loss as the government then decided that regulation needed to be toughened. All in all a negative influence on encouraging a NZ shareholding democracy. Maybe Gattung got an honour for being paid to be in charge of a hot potato?

The writing was on the wall for Gattung at Telecom when she admitted that their pricing plans were designed to confuse.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Lest we forget Spark wouldn't be where it is today if it wasn't for Theresa
    Dont agree
    Last edited by stones; 01-01-2015 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Gattung got a gong for services to NZ business and philanthropy. She was well paid by shareholders for doing the job she was paid for when CEO of Telecom. It is so much easier to afford the time for philanthropy when you have money and wealth. Perhaps the real philanthropists are those who have struggled financially yet still give time, effort and limited resources to help. They are true companions of honour.

The government sold telecom to American investors, who made a killing. The Americans got out and sold to many NZ mums and dads, who suffered capital loss as the government then decided that regulation needed to be toughened. All in all a negative influence on encouraging a NZ shareholding democracy. Maybe Gattung got an honour for being paid to be in charge of a hot potato?
    So say all of us!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    Has anyone else with Spark ADSL noticed that your IP address is now being changed regularly. I'm almost sure that IP address used to be stable unless you restarted your router, and even then you would usually be served the same IP as before the restart.

If you are using Netflix with a geo-unblocking service like unblockus then the changing spark IP makes it necessary to reset unblock-us each time you want to view Netflix.

Obviously this is inconvenient for user. I hope that this isn't a deliberate strategy by Spark to make it inconvenient to use sites like unblockus and hence to drive customers to lightbox in prference to Netflix. I would imagine that wouldn't end well for Spark
    I don't think that is the case, our last IP reset was on 18/11/2014. I did have about 2 different IP changes within 1 week before 18/11/2014, but they were probably doing upgrades to the network which usually happens about 1am in the morning. I checked our IP address every couple of days to make sure I exclude our IP Address from Google Analytics data for my eCommerce website.

http://www.geekzone.co.nz/sbiddle/8763

Some media rumored Vodafone will exit Australian market, and New Zealand market as well.

As a very long standing investor in TEL/SPK I beg to differ.

Theresa Gattung chose to take the Government on, stupid, no company can take the Government on! As a result we the TEL investors were severely crunched!

Also, have a look at her qualifications - Political Science! That's rubbish for the top job at TEL, preferably you needed engineering, accounting, economics.
    She's not a saint, just a moron. What TEL needed was a Paul Reynolds/Simon Moutter combination not Theresa Gattung!

Quote Originally Posted by Everwood View Post
    I don't think that is the case, our last IP reset was on 18/11/2014. I did have about 2 different IP changes within 1 week before 18/11/2014, but they were probably doing upgrades to the network which usually happens about 1am in the morning. I checked our IP address every couple of days to make sure I exclude our IP Address from Google Analytics data for my eCommerce website.
    You are probably right, probably just something strange with my connection. I've moved to Orcon as it seemed easier to do that than to try to contact Spark to get a solution. These days, you can't just pick up the phone and talk to them, they are too modern for that, and I'm a modern kind of guy, but generally I'd prefer to steel myself and make one (usually long) phone call in these situations. Spark doesn't even have a phone number on the website anymore (at least not one that I could discover). Anyway, it's only a couple of residential connections for them, doesn't matter I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Everwood View Post
    Did you try requesting a 'static ip address' via the helpdesk?