sharetrader
Page 39 of 214 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast

Personally I'd like it to go down to the 2.10 area so I could buy more for my dividends....but traders don't really give a toss. Always money to be made with this regardless. So either way..no worry.
    Quote Originally Posted by RGR367 View Post
    What I'm hearing is that SPK will report a tad better on all fronts. If that come to pass, then maybe you'll really worry or you may not
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    none of the above. Warren Buffet and other experts have clearly stated that a major downturn or crash is imminent. Look around, contact Energy have their report next week and they are just as far down. Overeas investors are cashing up and this has a radical effect on tiny markets like ours. The world we live in is close to the edge of several disasters - wars or the like.
    The secular fundamentals have been showing Wall St being overvalued for the last 2 years (embarrassing some guru commentators into sounding like Permabears/Dr Doom) and this 6 year old Wall St Bull market is now starting to break records..but it keeps on going and going and while it does its "thing" the Equity world is a happy place,,abet..a more nervous one as time goes on..So while the equity party is in full swing it pays to stay connected with that market using bull market investment strategies such as buy & hold or short term cyclic trading buy in the dips sell at the crests..Slight portfolio losses when a cyclic reversal is identified is not a portfolio capital loss problem...it is what the investor does with their portfolio after the reversal happens..

Re: SPK..Yes I've noticed sudden overall investor exits too especially after sudden forex movements...I agree this could be foreign money exiting but it could be argued that the sudden upswings could be foreign investors returning..The OBV on the chart below shows a new uptrend (last 2 months) suggesting investor accumulation (buying) is larger than trading distribution (selling)...Also the candlesticks show SPK's volatile daily price movements are common therefore these recent noticeable swings are not out of the normal occurences...As with large liquid companies it's probably trader noise

Quote Originally Posted by BIRMANBOY View Post
    Ho hum...what's new....SP has over the last month alone gone from 3.15 to 3.33 down to 3.20 back up to 3.50 down to 3.30 up to 3.50 down to 3.30. People making (and losing) money would be more likely. But this time it could be different of course...or maybe not.
    Yep..SPK been in a bull market cycle since Sept 2013 commencing after a long 9 month (Dec2012 - Aug2013) flattish complex double bottom pattern period...It has risen over 50% since then and as with all bull market cycles there has been corrections followed by rallies within this uptrend pattern..

This upward channel pattern is still intact therefore the bull cycle has to be assumed as still operating..

Last edited by Hoop; 13-02-2015 at 10:30 AM.

So, using your ultra-sophisticated "technical" analysis package Hoop, what will be the price of Spark when the NZSE opens next Friday morning?

Maybe that's too hard and you'd prefer to say it will be somewhere between $1 and $5?

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Default And in the blue corner

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post
    So, using your ultra-sophisticated "technical" analysis package Hoop, what will be the price of Spark when the NZSE opens next Friday morning?

Maybe that's too hard and you'd prefer to say it will be somewhere between $1 and $5?
    If Hoop is going to venture an answer to this then I would think it only fair that you first proffer your own value range for the same time point.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

He's thinking about it and will get back to you...soon...needs to replace one of the circuit boards first.

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    If Hoop is going to venture an answer to this then I would think it only fair that you first proffer your own value range for the same time point.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...dividend-hopes

Interesting article. At least if the price drops I'll get to buy more shares through the DRP. I like to look on the bright side.

Edit: and another article saying things might be getting a little ahead of themselves. I have TME, SPK, and GNE reporting in the next few days - if the bad news rolls in I'll quietly chant "In for the long haul and my bonus bonds have earned me nothing". Don't think that will help.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...402475&ref=rss
    Last edited by Bobdn; 16-02-2015 at 09:23 PM.

Membaa

Exercise: From the article, if one bought in at the brokers valuations - let's take the high sp quoted at $2.97, and assuming the divi of 5.1%, and the sp has appreciated to $3.34, would it be better to sell and take the profit, or not sell and take the dividend?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...dividend-hopes

Interesting article. At least if the price drops I'll get to buy more shares through the DRP. I like to look on the bright side.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Exercise: From the article, if one bought in at the brokers valuations - let's take the high sp quoted at $2.97, and assuming the divi of 5.1%, and the sp has appreciated to $3.34, would it be better to sell and take the profit, or not sell and take the dividend?
    I don't know, my trading skills are pretty poor. I just buy and hold now and reinvest dividends. I have an average buy price of $2.29 and have been reinvesting through the DRP for the last 3-4 years. I guess I'm going to have to sell one day but at the moment I'll wait and see what happens.

Banned

Guessing a solid result, approx 6% increase in underlying NPAT, div up from 8c to 8.5c, heading for 18c FY, or 7.5% GY on current SP (more ex-div).

Value guess: 3.61

Chart says don't sell, much as I'd like to.Attachment 7069

Advanced Member

Sharpened up the chainsaws, drop a couple more trees and get stuck in from first light. With the Contact bombshell and the dire predictions from experts on the markets overall, I don't expect a lot from Spark on Friday? and I think that a seige mentality is the best option. It would be nice if I was wrong but it's a nasty world out there at present