sharetrader
Page 42 of 214 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    The big boys in action again today with over 26 million shares changing hands at a value of over $82 million, they own this stock and can drive it either up or down at will I've noticed for a long time now. The charts mean diddly squat as on Monday I watched it go to $3.27 by 11 a.m then it started its desent to where it is now yet RSI and W%R both looked okay sitting around the 50 mark. I've come to the conclusion that charts are generally of limited use if you want to trade this stock and you can do just as well without them especially if you happen to have a cash pile available for days like today. Disc- Holding a good number for the divvy next week
    couta, happy to see you back on board again, i am keep buying since interim report, of course including today, spk now take up over half of my book.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Smile The world is full of individuals

...The charts mean diddly squat as on Monday I watched it go to $3.27 by 11 a.m then it started its desent to where it is now yet RSI and W%R both looked okay sitting around the 50 mark. I've come to the conclusion that charts are generally of limited use if you want to trade this stock and you can do just as well without them...
    For all of us:
    Charts are are as useful as we want them to be.
    RSI and W%R are as useful as we want them to be.
    Other forms of technical analysis are as useful as we want them to be.
    Fundamental analysis is as useful as we want it to be.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Banned

Very Profound PT

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    For all of us:
    Charts are are as useful as we want them to be.
    RSI and W%R are as useful as we want them to be.
    Other forms of technical analysis are as useful as we want them to be.
    Fundamental analysis is as useful as we want it to be.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Okay, that leaves us only "gut feel". But then gut feel is only a useful feeling when we want it to be

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RGR367 View Post
    Okay, that leaves us only "gut feel". But then gut feel is only a useful feeling when we want it to be
    The Gutometer it is then at least as good as any TA tool and constantly up to date without ever pushing a button

Banned

Massive volume again today 41.5 million shares at $122 million value must be March madness as SPK hasn't come out of any index, maybe the big boys doing an end of year rebalance or reducing taxable profits.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Whats good about the result exactly?
    Seems to be no real growth in phone or internet, and thats on the bck of charging more for internet than nerly every country in the world. How much longer will they be able to get away with fleecing their customers?
    So it simple to work out - if you compare it to the UK, they have fifteen potential customers to our one. Their longest distance is less than half of ours. This applies to almost everywhere. And that is why some of Sparks much vaunted opposition are not doing as well as some people imagine. If they were fleecing their customers, then it wouldn't be long before they lost them all to the opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Whats good about the result exactly?
    Seems to be no real growth in phone or internet, and thats on the bck of charging more for internet than nerly every country in the world. How much longer will they be able to get away with fleecing their customers?
    Do you have a cite for that? A few years ago I'd have agreed straight away, but not now.
    Last edited by Zaphod; 22-03-2015 at 11:02 AM.

I am stay with spark(telecom) since 1995, never think their charge me more compare to other suppliers( not other countries), and service is good and stable.

Massive volume again today 41.5 million shares at $122 million value must be March madness as SPK hasn't come out of any index, maybe the big boys doing an end of year rebalance or reducing taxable profits.
    https://www.nzx.com/companies/HNZ/announcements/262226
    SPK be manipulated by those big boys, they buy just for sale or sell just for buy.