sharetrader
Page 43 of 214 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast

Nice drop today. Hopefully will stay in the 2.90 range over the next few days for those of us in the DRP (am I right in thinking that the strike price is based on the average price for the 5 days after xd?)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Nice drop today. Hopefully will stay in the 2.90 range over the next few days for those of us in the DRP (am I right in thinking that the strike price is based on the average price for the 5 days after xd?)
    I believe it is the average price for the 5 days after the record date.
    Record date is 27/03/2015 I think? So it'll be the 5 days from 30/03/2015 to 3/04/2015.

Quote Originally Posted by JayRiggs View Post
    I believe it is the average price for the 5 days after the record date.
    Record date is 27/03/2015 I think? So it'll be the 5 days from 30/03/2015 to 3/04/2015.
    NO, start from ex divvy day.
    "A Dividend Reinvestment Plan (DRP) is available for holders whose shares are registered on the New Zealand and Australian stock exchanges. The strike price for the DRP is calculated as the Volume Weighted Average Price (VWAP) over the five business days commencing the NZX ex date. Management does not intend to buy-back on market an approximately equivalent number of shares issued under the Plan."

Ok thanks Jay and Master. All good (as the kids say). Looks like some cheap (only time will tell) shares are heading our way.

Quote Originally Posted by Master98 View Post
    NO, start from ex divvy day.
    "A Dividend Reinvestment Plan (DRP) is available for holders whose shares are registered on the New Zealand and Australian stock exchanges. The strike price for the DRP is calculated as the Volume Weighted Average Price (VWAP) over the five business days commencing the NZX ex date. Management does not intend to buy-back on market an approximately equivalent number of shares issued under the Plan."
    Hmmm thanks very interesting.
    Never realized that some companies take the average DRP price starting on the ex-dividend date (like SPK and CNU) and some on the record date (like FPH and SUM).

So did the shares go ex dividend today?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    So did the shares go ex dividend today?
    They sure did.

So down 7.5 as expected in NZ but down 20 in OZ on the ASX. Looks like they are oversold in OZ.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    So down 7.5 as expected in NZ but down 20 in OZ on the ASX. Looks like they are oversold in OZ.
    There's still some big sellers around at the moment, Blackrock investments sold 31million Spark shares over the last while as an example but interestingly they then purchased 21 million SKT shares, the finishing price today would be the first time the MA200 has been breached for a good while (About a year) but it doesn't look like the selling is over on the NZX just yet, actually I didn't expect it to finish down 16.5c from yesterdays close which highlights the selling pressure.
    Last edited by couta1; 25-03-2015 at 09:01 PM.

Hi Couta, Excuse me for straying off topic but with all the competition the Sky TV will have to deal with this year from other emerging players in the TV space, I wouldn't be buying them.