sharetrader
Page 49 of 214 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by blockhead View Post
    What's the chance of a lift in dual listed yield stocks today ?

Oz interest rates getting lower and lower
    also NZD drop to 0.95 AUD, SPK could start to fly.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Master98 View Post
    also NZD drop to 0.95 AUD, SPK could start to fly.
    Plus the launch of their new phone based ultra fast broadband service cutting out the copper and the money it pays to Chorus for using it, great.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Plus the launch of their new phone based ultra fast broadband service cutting out the copper and the money it pays to Chorus for using it, great.
    exactly, and attracts more customers

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Couta. It is great that this product is now available as it will cut costs for Spark. But it is worth pondering why this product took so long to come to market. UFB has been out for quite some time. Are they too big and slow to deliver timely products?
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    Couta. It is great that this product is now available as it will cut costs for Spark. But it is worth pondering why this product took so long to come to market. UFB has been out for quite some time. Are they too big and slow to deliver timely products?
    Their so called "ReEngineering" of their legacy software/hardware systems have just been put into action early this year so YES, they're big and slow. But hopefully they can now ramp it up from this point.

Do you have an option if you want to keep your landline and have Fibre or does the fibre connection take the copper landlines place end of story
    I note it say if the power goes off no internet (obviously) but no phone either - can't call 111
    Granted most people will have a mobile as well, but...

It (Fibre) is at least a couple of years away in our area even though the Fibre goes to their cabinet around the corner - must be where it stops at present
    Last edited by Jay; 06-05-2015 at 01:06 PM. Reason: speeling

Anyone have an explaination or any thoughts on the current downwards trend?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheHunter View Post
    Anyone have an explaination or any thoughts on the current downwards trend?
    Expectations of an earnings downgrade I'd say whether real or imagined coupled with general bear market sentiment.
    Last edited by couta1; 27-05-2015 at 12:10 PM.

My feeling is that downtrend is slowing and a base is forming. Last year they increased the divi from the previous year. They are unlikely to decrease it this year, more people are consuming more data. An increase in divi this year is possible. I think that it is a hold.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    My feeling is that downtrend is slowing and a base is forming. Last year they increased the divi from the previous year. They are unlikely to decrease it this year, more people are consuming more data. An increase in divi this year is possible. I think that it is a hold.
    The upcoming ComCom decision on the final copper pricing is also weighing on the stock, no one knows whether it will end up favoring CNU or SPK, worse case scenario for SPK would be an increase in the draft price plus backdating. Disc- Holding heaps at large paper loss currently but definitely a long term hold in my book.