sharetrader
Page 54 of 214 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast

Spark weakness comes though perception

An Aussie broker's view on our major telco.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...ugh-perception

Spark digital (formally Gen-i) is enduring some very serious competition from Datacom. It will be interesting to see how this is playing out for that business unit in the next annual result.

Quote Originally Posted by Master98 View Post
    Spark weakness comes though perception

An Aussie broker's view on our major telco.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...ugh-perception

So perception is reality then.

What is Spark going to do about changing this so called negative 'perception' of themselves?

Sounds like unless they do that 'reality' is the share price continuing to languish

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    So perception is reality then.

What is Spark going to do about changing this so called negative 'perception' of themselves?

Sounds like unless they do that 'reality' is the share price continuing to languish
    Spark are in the middle of transforming themselves and upcoming results will prove they are doing the business so perception will take care of itself in due course as will the share price aye. PS-My biggest holding and my favourite stock on the NZX for a variety of reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    Spark digital (formally Gen-i) is enduring some very serious competition from Datacom. It will be interesting to see how this is playing out for that business unit in the next annual result.
    That's because during the numerous restructures a large number of decent people from T&SS (Shared Services) and Gen-I went over to Datacom, my understanding is you can't swing a cat at Datacom without hitting an ex-Telecom employee.

Quote Originally Posted by Puggy View Post
    That's because during the numerous restructures a large number of decent people from T&SS (Shared Services) and Gen-I went over to Datacom, my understanding is you can't swing a cat at Datacom without hitting an ex-Telecom employee.
    So true. And the funny thing is that some people that have been made redundant earlier are now being sought after as contractors for almost the same job as they were doing earlier Unfortunately, they can only get a few of them back they have already found employment after being let go. Just goes to show that maybe, yes maybe, that management still doesn't know what their people do or how their software applications are tied up to one another

Quote Originally Posted by RGR367 View Post
    So true. And the funny thing is that some people that have been made redundant earlier are now being sought after as contractors for almost the same job as they were doing earlier Unfortunately, they can only get a few of them back they have already found employment after being let go. Just goes to show that maybe, yes maybe, that management still doesn't know what their people do or how their software applications are tied up to one another
    Telecom's management style is all wrapped up this in image;

http://lowres.cartoonstock.com/busin...100817_low.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Puggy View Post
    Yup - and I don't blame them, especially when there were three rounds of redundancies which certainly did nothing for morale or to provide an aura of job security. Not a good look for customers either.

I take it Zaphod, RGR and Puggy are all Spark investors? Or are they just Trolls, agents provocateurs like Troyvdh wasting everyone's time? Maybe it's time Sharetrader did a little weeding out and excluded said trolls/agents provocateurs. There's plenty of room for them on the Daily Standard, a much bigger audience and all sympathetic frothing at the mouth left wingers. Or maybe they are in the other troll category of people who have wives/girlfriends/boyfriends/mistresses/lovers/friends/relatives working at 2 Degrees, Vodafone etc etc. It's amazing what a long tail of hangers on Telecom/Spark has developed over the years...

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post
    I take it Zaphod, RGR and Puggy are all Spark investors? Or are they just Trolls, agents provocateurs like Troyvdh wasting everyone's time? Maybe it's time Sharetrader did a little weeding out and excluded said trolls/agents provocateurs. There's plenty of room for them on the Daily Standard, a much bigger audience and all sympathetic frothing at the mouth left wingers. Or maybe they are in the other troll category of people who have wives/girlfriends/boyfriends/mistresses/lovers/friends/relatives working at 2 Degrees, Vodafone etc etc. It's amazing what a long tail of hangers on Telecom/Spark has developed over the years...
    Yes, I'm an investor.

I raised the question regarding Spark Digitial's performance, given how the market has become dominated by Datacom. It's an interesting question and there's absolutely nothing time wasting about that discussion point.

The redundancies in the Spark Digital could have been handled better, and Datacom did take advantage of the situation by recruiting affected employees and by leveraging on the negative PR to their advantage. How will that affect the long term performance of SD?

If you have something worthwhile to contribute to the topic at hand, you're still welcome to post.
    Last edited by Zaphod; 09-06-2015 at 04:04 PM.