sharetrader
Page 56 of 216 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Master98 View Post
    SPK just started the buy-back programme yesterday.

https://nzx.com/companies/SPK/announcements/265732

i thought they started when they announanced it. didn't notice they just started...

Didn't they get a fantastic price for Yellow in 2007. Amazing

Who was in charge of SPK at the time --- deserves a medal

I have a question or number of questions for SPK holders. If you are not trading SPK and planning to hold for the next few years at least, what do you see as the initiatives they have in place that will continue to deliver existing profits? Does anyone see SPK growing profits over this period and what do you see the catalysts for that being?

Hi Nasi, more people are downloading more data and internet content. More movies online,lightbox, Netflix etc. That seems to be a growing market.

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    Hi Nasi, more people are downloading more data and internet content. More movies online,lightbox, Netflix etc. That seems to be a growing market.
    But broadband keeps getting cheaper. Do you think this will boost profits?

When you invest in this type of company..you are investing in their capacity and ability to look for and find the appropriate products that will deliver market position and consequently profits. Specifically which products or services is unknown to most of us outside that industry. SPK has always had a big presence and always kept moving forward (and continually made money). That's what you are investing in..its ability to stay in the leaders pack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasi Goreng View Post
    But broadband keeps getting cheaper. Do you think this will boost profits?
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

Who knows, but I see SPK are in the same situation the TLS was in a couple of years ago. TLS was right out of favour as an old style telephone company, then the market re-rated it as something more than that.

I looked today buy-back announcement on oz market, specify the max buyback price allowed is nz$2.9915, and max number is 38mil, so if the sp push back to nz$3.0, then buy-back will have to stop?

Quote Originally Posted by Master98 View Post
    I looked today buy-back announcement on oz market, specify the max buyback price allowed is nz$2.9915, and max number is 38mil, so if the sp push back to nz$3.0, then buy-back will have to stop?
    i guess that's daily max price allowed to buy, that's mean maximum 10% price rise.

I sure am glad I don't have shares in spark. I made 4 attempts to contact to transfer my business accounts to them, first time was unanswered call, 2nd time was an email, 3rd time was to the Hamilton business centre where my details were passed to the person covering my area, 4th time was a complaint email after 4 days saying no one had bothered to contact me so why would I bother..... 13 days later I got a reply saying someone will be in touch and they are urgently clearing the back log, needless to say I said not to bother ringing as I had wasted enough time already.

If this is the best they can do with a new customer enquiry I would hate to imagine what they are like with an account enquiry or issue.