sharetrader
Page 148 of 214 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158198 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 2135

Wouldn't cast from my IPhone either.
    For the ones around Midnight/1:00am or even the 3am approx. ones I don't stay up, I go to bed a bit earlier and set the alarm to wake up at the appropriate time, seems to work for me OK, otherwise I'd fall asleep watching it!
    Only once I fell asleep and missed the start and first lap - lucky I could just rewind the sky decoder and back in business!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Wouldn't cast from my IPhone either.
    For the ones around Midnight/1:00am or even the 3am approx. ones I don't stay up, I go to bed a bit earlier and set the alarm to wake up at the appropriate time, seems to work for me OK, otherwise I'd fall asleep watching it!
    Only once I fell asleep and missed the start and first lap - lucky I could just rewind the sky decoder and back in business!
    No...I can't "cast" from my iPhone either. iPhone -> Apple TV -> TV is what worked for me.

Sorry I meant to say wouldn't cast from the SparkSport app which has built in casting, on my iPhone - worked previously until my issues yesterday

Just noticed there is an update to the App as well today - here's hoping!

for the last 6 mths my router modem which is a Huawei HG659b has lost its internet connection like clock work once a day. after having it replaced twice from spark it still does it so im baffled?

the internet says it could be these reasons

If all devices on your network have the same problem with the Internet, it is likely an issue with the cable or DSLmodem, network router, or ISP. If only one computer is disconnecting and reconnecting, it's likely a problem with the computer.

so ive replaced the parts and spark says it not them ( do they have a program that causes them to switch off automatically to flush them?) but still no joy ?

now a article today from vodaphone saying there are hidden backdoors in home router/modems from huawei which allow them to access your home computers, could this be the reason?

Vodafone asked Huawei to remove backdoors in home internet routers in 2011 and received assurances from the supplier that the issues were fixed, but further testing revealed that the security vulnerabilities remained

In Vodafone’s case, the risks included possible third-party access to a customer's personal computer and home network, according to the internal documents.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...d=premium-asia
    Last edited by bull....; 01-05-2019 at 07:21 AM.
    one step ahead of the herd

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    for the last 6 mths my router modem which is a Huawei HG659b has lost its internet connection like clock work once a day. after having it replaced twice from spark it still does it so im baffled?

the internet says it could be these reasons

If all devices on your network have the same problem with the Internet, it is likely an issue with the cable or DSLmodem, network router, or ISP. If only one computer is disconnecting and reconnecting, it's likely a problem with the computer.

so ive replaced the parts and spark says it not them ( do they have a program that causes them to switch off automatically to flush them?) but still no joy ?

now a article today from vodaphone saying there are hidden backdoors in home router/modems from huawei which allow them to access your home computers, could this be the reason?

Vodafone asked Huawei to remove backdoors in home internet routers in 2011 and received assurances from the supplier that the issues were fixed, but further testing revealed that the security vulnerabilities remained

In Vodafone’s case, the risks included possible third-party access to a customer's personal computer and home network, according to the internal documents.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...d=premium-asia
    FWIW….my modem is HG659 on Skinny.
    I have no problems....so far.

No problems with mine either (a Huawei from Spark) - just one PC drops it wifi connection, seems to be every other day or so - have not looked into it yet , must do that.

Though in saying that, occasionally it seems to slows down (the router/modem) and I just turn it off and turn it on again and away we go - maybe once every couple or so months

Speculation Sky Television may take on Spark by entering broadband market

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/112...oadband-market

makes sense for a dying business to go on the offensive
    one step ahead of the herd

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    Speculation Sky Television may take on Spark by entering broadband market

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/112...oadband-market

makes sense for a dying business to go on the offensive
    So from the link...

"Spark is estimated by one industry source to have spent about $30 million to $40m buying sports rights for its Spark Sport service, including the Rugby World Cup. "
    Back calculating to users...
    At 75,000 users for 20 weeks paying $20/wk one would recover $30,000,000
    And 100m 000 users for 20 weeks to recover 40Mil
    If I have my figures right....and I know there are other costs to be accounted for, it feels like it will be quite possible for them to make a dollar. I for one will be in. Especially for RWC.

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    So from the link...

"Spark is estimated by one industry source to have spent about $30 million to $40m buying sports rights for its Spark Sport service, including the Rugby World Cup. "
    Back calculating to users...
    At 75,000 users for 20 weeks paying $20/wk one would recover $30,000,000
    And 100m 000 users for 20 weeks to recover 40Mil
    If I have my figures right....and I know there are other costs to be accounted for, it feels like it will be quite possible for them to make a dollar. I for one will be in. Especially for RWC.
    Isnt it $20 a month?

Quote Originally Posted by mcdongle View Post
    Isnt it $20 a month?

Not for the RWC, but yes for the current sports offering mcdongle