sharetrader
Page 118 of 212 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 2116

From Feb 7th
    Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post

I picked up a few Spark this morning based on the level that I stated a few posts ago being 3:46 where a bullish gartley has played out to the tee. I guess the yield helps this.
    Minimum target of this gartley is now reached being +25c in a few months. Acceptable if not outstanding.... I may hang on for more though be nice to get 30c for first sell.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Spark customers will get Sky's Fan Pass service for $30 per month. Article link below:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/ind...for-30-a-month

I could imagine working here to be incredibly tough. Seems a re-structure or a shuffling of the deck happens enough times for us to say they aren't "one off expenses". When do "one off expenses" stop being one off expenses?

I did a google search and voila

2017: https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/ind...-by-25m-a-year

2016: https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/ind...ck-office-team

disc: not a holder

Quote Originally Posted by value_investor View Post
    I could imagine working here to be incredibly tough. Seems a re-structure or a shuffling of the deck happens enough times for us to say they aren't "one off expenses". When do "one off expenses" stop being one off expenses?

I did a google search and voila

2017: https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/ind...-by-25m-a-year

2016: https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/ind...ck-office-team

disc: not a holder
    Yup, although I haven't gone through and worked out how often a restructure happens, as an employee it feels like whatever team you work in can generally expect a restructure of some sort every year. And as restructures/reorgs tend to go through different areas of the organisation at different times, you can almost guarantee that you know someone who is affected most months.

You get used to it, kind of ...

Disc: Spark employee, and holder.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by oldtech View Post
    Yup, although I haven't gone through and worked out how often a restructure happens, as an employee it feels like whatever team you work in can generally expect a restructure of some sort every year. And as restructures/reorgs tend to go through different areas of the organisation at different times, you can almost guarantee that you know someone who is affected most months.

You get used to it, kind of ...

Disc: Spark employee, and holder.
    Yip - every year.
    This one is early - they used to be just before Xmas.

And you get to learn that every reorg almost always coincide either as an Easter egg for you, or on a day/month falling on Queen's bday, or you need the long Labour weekend to take it in, or your X'mas gift for your last year there.
    And there's that random (sic) survey following each restrcuture, the very first question of which is "Would you recommend Spark as a place to work?"

Banned

At $3.82 now, that's nuts, you'd think their Quantum program was going to transform the company into the stratosphere.

It might go as far as to give $4 a nudge Couta. It tried in 2016 and 2017 so maybe 2018 is the year :-)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
    It might go as far as to give $4 a nudge Couta. It tried in 2016 and 2017 so maybe 2018 is the year :-)
    Market is forward looking obviously even with a profit downgrade added, hope must be the strategy here.

And possibly Russell Stanners leaving Voda may have bolstered the Spark price a bit too. Quite happy to continue holding and grabbing that juicy div.

See that there was a 2.7M share trade that just went through too.
    Last edited by Mickey; 13-06-2018 at 01:40 PM. Reason: update