sharetrader
Page 154 of 213 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164204 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 2130

We're on holiday in Wanaka. The resort has ADSL => WiFi => Laptop => HDMI to TV. 1GB limit per day.
    Would we get the full AB SA game before using up our bandwidth?
    Yes, we did and apart from a few minor buffering moments, it was perfect.
    But I don't like the commentary team. Donald is dumb and Stevenson says some silly things:
    As Mo'unga kicks a penalty he says: "Just like changing gear in a Cortina". What does that mean?
    We had a Cortina 50 years ago, but I still don't understand it.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by TideMan View Post
    We're on holiday in Wanaka. The resort has ADSL => WiFi => Laptop => HDMI to TV. 1GB limit per day.
    Would we get the full AB SA game before using up our bandwidth?
    Yes, we did and apart from a few minor buffering moments, it was perfect.
    But I don't like the commentary team. Donald is dumb and Stevenson says some silly things:
    As Mo'unga kicks a penalty he says: "Just like changing gear in a Cortina". What does that mean?
    We had picture and no sound for a bit last night. My wife thought I'd turned the sound off.
    It actually wasn't to bad. That's they great thing about TV...we can see it...which they don't seem to realise !!!

Quote Originally Posted by TideMan View Post
    We was referring to George Bridge way of putting that ball down for a try, which was like shifting a gear.

Legend

First two games today absolutely crystal clear viewing at this humble dwelling on spark. Only England vs Tonga to go but I'm all rugbied out now. One advantage of viewing on spark is game can be watched at any time over next 30 days.

Is there any chance the Spark price could have a 3 in front of it tomorrow? I would like some if it gets down that low. I have money on a two month term deposit earning 1 per cent which really doesn't get the baby bathed. I'm still invested in shares with 63.6% in equities. The rest fixed interest (managed funds bonds rather than term deposits for the most part) and a tiny amount in a gold ETF.

Things have been going swimmingly to be honest. I don't need much more exposure to shares but I'd quite happily add Spark should things over shoot to the downside this week (drop in price! I watch too much CNBC - who the hell do I think I am)

My only fear is that this was a very bad call to buy content and do Sports broadcasting. Will the Board learn some sort of lesson here?
    Last edited by Bobdn; 22-09-2019 at 11:06 PM.

Outside thinking.

I'm not a Spark share holder, but am a Spark customer and while I believe Spark deserve Kudos for trying to deliver a cheaper/better (than Sky) sports service, I think they still need to seriously ramp up their customer services.

The Spark modem supplied by Spark (at a cost) proved faulty and my old modem proved superior.

The browser issues that prevented me from logging in were sorted but needed over an hour of time on the phone with Spark whose service did not inspire confidence.

To their credit Spark have offered refunds/credits.

So Kudos for Spark for trying to offer competition to Sky. I hope they learn and rapidly improve. I'm unlikely to become a share holder based on my customer experience....at this stage.
    Last edited by Leftfield; 23-09-2019 at 08:08 AM.

Recorded the All Black game on TV1 and watched Sunday morning - No issues for me . Scotty is OK as a commentator - but have to agree SD is no Justin Marshall or even Kamo for that matter. Think Scotty needs someone better to add to his commentary as when he was doing the Sky commentary he seemed Ok

All fixed (cough cough, yeah right) https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/ind...port-boss-says
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Share price holding up well now (sadly, as I wanted to buy). Oh well.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    All fixed (cough cough, yeah right) https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/ind...port-boss-says
    Certainly the cause is known and fixed.
    Stick to accounting?