sharetrader
Page 1 of 212 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default SPK- Spark NZ (TELCO)

Ok guys, (thank you Simon Moutter) here's our chance for a clean break with the past! No more emotional obsessed illogical Telecom haters (Troyvdh ring a bell?) and hopefully even less TA.

I'm willing to give Simon the benefit of the doubt, and credence to the Marketing Professor on Radio at lunch time who said it's a good idea.

I like the possibility of a higher dividend next time, the gain in mobile market share, the coming acceleration of cost cutting, the sharper focus on NZ and the have a go spirit with ShowMe. Surely ComCom will back more competition in entertainment?
    Didn't like the reduction in imputation credits, grump, grump.

Entirely fitting that you start the new thread MVT. A new name for a new era and new innovation....moving forward into a bright new future. Good idea.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

Guru

I'm wondering how much traction they can get with less than $20m in programming costs. As a SparkBroadband/Mobile customer, I would kind of expect it to be thrown in for free till the offering expands.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Lightbulb Mystery solved

So the disappearance of SparkyTheClown from these shores is explained.

He was bought out, at considerable expense, by Telecom NZ to remove all traces of the Spark - Clown association from a forum that occasionally discusses stocks.

Chart has looked good the last few months

Time only will tell if this proves to be a spark or a fizzle.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

One wonders .... why Joshuatree, 777 and a couple of others keep discussing the change of name on the old thread?

Once it takes legal effect in April presumably it will be followed by a change on the NZX board from TEL to say SPA? Any other ideas what it might be called? Like trying to continue to discuss Ceylon (who?) after the owners changed it to Sri Lanka....

Here's a link to the opinion of a marketing expert and discussion from the TVNZ breaking news website...

http://tvnz.co.nz/business-news/tele...expert-5845330
    Last edited by Major von Tempsky; 21-02-2014 at 06:26 PM. Reason: add ref

Veteran novice

One wonders .... why Joshuatree, 777 and a couple of others keep discussing the change of name on the old thread?
    It may well be because the interim result didn't give much else to discuss or get enthusiastic about! Interesting to note, though, that telecoms - fixed line and mobile - still provided 80% of TEL's revenue in the period.

I think its a mistake, change for the sake of change. Telecom has huge brand image built up over many years, shame to lose it.
    Should have started Spark as a subsiduary company aimed at younger generation and ran it in conjunction with Telecom brand.
    Could have corned both ends of the market, old and new.
    Disc: No longer hold, and use Orcon.

Funny how Sharetrader mostly seems to attract comments from people who have allegedly just sold up and are therefore the expert on Spark....777, In4a$...
    Yet it has more shareholders than any other listed company and a growing share of the mobile market so something is out of whack.
    One would think that therefore there would be no further comments from 777 and In4a$, particularly as they don't read this thread... :-)

I guess there is a large silent majority who don't feel the need to comment - just as nearly two thirds of NZers are satisfied the way the economy is going...eh

Dividend 8.0cps payable Friday 11 April, imputation credits 2.3333 cps, record date Friday 21st March - in case anybody missed it in the mass of verbiage.
    And a hint of a higher dividend next time :-)

[QUOTE=Major von Tempsky;463247]Funny how Sharetrader mostly seems to attract comments from people who have allegedly just sold up and are therefore the expert on Spark....777, In4a$...
    Yet it has more shareholders than any other listed company and a growing share of the mobile market so something is out of whack.
    One would think that therefore there would be no further comments from 777 and In4a$, particularly as they don't read this thread... :-)

Time will tell major. Remember those shareholders owned "Telecom" who had a growing share of the market, not "Spark". Spark is a whole new story, it might work, lets hope they can keep growing their market share and recover that $20m. My guess is share price will drop as people try and get used to Telecom being Spark.
    Disc: I no longer hold, but I might if Spark shows some spark.