sharetrader
Page 176 of 214 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 2135

UK lawmakers accuse Huawei of ‘collusion’ with Beijing, say telco’s gear may be axed from British networks by 2025

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/08/huaw...lawmakers.html
    one step ahead of the herd

Spark NZ Enters A Trans-Tasman IoT Network Sharing Agreement With Australian Network Operator

https://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU20...k-operator.htm

Spark share price is languishing
    I know one broker was recommending it for the div yield but the price has been heading south for a while

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    spark been in the doldrums bit since div was paid but seems to be finding some love today , maybe as a high div player it is started to be noticed again after the others have all run hard lately
    Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    Spark share price is languishing
    I know one broker was recommending it for the div yield but the price has been heading south for a while
    2 months on from Bull's comment and it's same same. Is it just a bit unloved because it's a boring blue chip and there're plenty of other more exciting options out there? Or is there a fundamental problem somewhere? Doesn’t get a lot of coverage on ST, which probably reiterates the fact it's a bit boring. 5+% div yield ain't bad in today's environment but. I might add a few more to the kid's portfolio.

Yep, just topped up a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclical View Post
    2 months on from Bull's comment and it's same same. Is it just a bit unloved because it's a boring blue chip and there're plenty of other more exciting options out there? Or is there a fundamental problem somewhere? Doesn’t get a lot of coverage on ST, which probably reiterates the fact it's a bit boring. 5+% div yield ain't bad in today's environment but. I might add a few more to the kid's portfolio.
    probably never going to be a fph but adds a bit of yield to the portfolio

prospects of significant growth a bit limited I would think.... and the risk of technology change remains forever present. those are the reasons its not in my portfolio.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    prospects of significant growth a bit limited I would think.... and the risk of technology change remains forever present. those are the reasons its not in my portfolio.
    Hi Peat, you could say the same thing about most of the utilities, but I suggest that they are useful "ballast" in a portfolio. They never shoot the lights out and they seldom go broke.

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Yep, fair comments. Although the technology change risk has always been there and Spark has proven over the years to be pretty good at embracing it, moving with the times, fending it off, reducing cost, or whatever is required to keep trucking along. The only reason I sometimes look at it currently is the rest of the market is starting to look a bit heady, IMO.

Herbacious

Also in a bit of a downtrend at present, through most of the last 5 years it's traded in a channel of approx $3.12 - $4.32 and it's only really since Sept 2019 that it's broken out of that range and cycled around the $4.50 mark. I'm inclined to watch it a while longer and see if it breaks down or can sustain at current levels as people cycle away from defensive utilities and back towards growth.