sharetrader
Page 165 of 214 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 2135

good result probably be $5 soon and still have a good yield
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

Broadband revenues flat but Mobile jumped.

They didn't end up itemising Spark Sport costs like the previous CEO said they would...but it would be fair to assume that, even though Spark Sport lost millions, it probably drove a fair chunk of the increase in Mobile revenue? As new customers took a mobile plan to get the RWC for free?

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Broadband revenues flat but Mobile jumped.

They didn't end up itemising Spark Sport costs like the previous CEO said they would...but it would be fair to assume that, even though Spark Sport lost millions, it probably drove a fair chunk of the increase in Mobile revenue? As new customers took a mobile plan to get the RWC for free?
    Yeah I would say that if they itemised the revenue and expenses explicitly for SS, there would be a drive to cut it.

also love how the said “successfully delivered RWC” ha!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Preston View Post
    Yeah I would say that if they itemised the revenue and expenses explicitly for SS, there would be a drive to cut it.

also love how the said “successfully delivered RWC” ha!
    Yeah if the Spark Sport numbers were something to brag about I am sure they would have.

Impossible to tell from their statements how much of a bump to Mobile revenue was from Spark versus organic growth.

So was the loss made on Spark Sport more than compensated by increased Mobile uptake? Or would earnings have been even higher had Spark not entered sport streaming in the first place?

Advanced Member

Spark sport likely to be a non event. It seems like nearly all sport is cancelled. Tennis for Six weeks, Golf, Football, Formula One all off.

I am guessing refunds will be off the table, some of us paid for the whole season of the premier league. Either way it does not look good for them. They put a huge amount of cash into getting rights for events that are not going to happen

Advanced Member

Just had an email from Spark

As you know Covid-19 is impacting sporting events around the world, and we want to let you know how this impacts events playing on Spark sport.

They are in discussion with their partners to see what other content they can put on. Maybe Husky racing from greenland.

Their facebook page has comments from people asking how they can suspend their subscription so that not good from an investor perspective
    Last edited by ratkin; 14-03-2020 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Just had an email from Spark

As you know Covid-19 is impacting sporting events around the world, and we want to let you know how this impacts events playing on Spark sport.

They are in discussion with their partners to see what other content they can put on. Maybe Husky racing from greenland.

Their facebook page has comments from people asking how they can suspend their subscription so that not good from an investor perspective
    Covid-19 is a force majeure event and no doubt businesses have processes in place to manage such things. I'm sure they are doing everything they can under the circumstances.

Resumed my subscription on Thursday so I could watch the Melbourne GP with plans to run it for 3 months to cover Monaco as well. Contacted Spark Sport on Friday after the cancellation and received a pretty prompt reply:

Thanks for getting in touch with us about your subscription.

We have gone ahead and refunded $19.99 and suspended your subscription for you. Please allow 3-5 business days for this to show up in your account. You can resume your subscription at any time by following these steps below:

https://help.sparksport.co.nz/how-do...y-subscription

Let us know if you have any questions.

That is good service. I suspect it is presently such a small percentage of their revenue stream that they would rather take the revenue hit than risk alienating their wider customer base.

Sporting cancellations qay more damaging to Sky than to Spark. I imagine that people working or being g more at home could benefit ISPs with more demand for bandwidth