sharetrader
Page 126 of 213 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 2129

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Obviously Saprk is working on what is needed to bring this to a successful conclusion.
    They certainly won't wakeup a week before the start and think "better get onto that".
    The challenge will be whether other internet providers make the same level of investment for the world cup to be considered a success. They need to augment handovers, cdn, backhaul for a 6 week event which is a lot of investment required and outside Sparks direct control. If offnet customers have widespread issues then Spark may experience the same backlash as Optus. It appears that they have identified this early and engaged with other ISPs so fingers crossed it's a success.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by thesock View Post
    The challenge will be whether other internet providers make the same level of investment for the world cup to be considered a success. They need to augment handovers, cdn, backhaul for a 6 week event which is a lot of investment required and outside Sparks direct control. If offnet customers have widespread issues then Spark may experience the same backlash as Optus. It appears that they have identified this early and engaged with other ISPs so fingers crossed it's a success.
    The Opus issue was totally within Opus' control.
    I understand what you are saying about the others though.

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    The Opus issue was totally within Opus' control.
    I understand what you are saying about the others though.
    Dobby, Optus had a variety of issues, but other ISPs in Australia that did not have sufficient capacity on their Akamai CDNs to meet demand were definitely a contributing factor.

Quote Originally Posted by thesock View Post
    Dobby, Optus had a variety of issues, but other ISPs in Australia that did not have sufficient capacity on their Akamai CDNs to meet demand were definitely a contributing factor.
    hi sock ,

so if spark team up with a proven streamer of live events and the isp.s come to the party with back end everything will be sweet?
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    hi sock ,

so if spark team up with a proven streamer of live events and the isp.s come to the party with back end everything will be sweet?
    You can still have customer premises equipment issues, and that traditionally gets blamed on the ISP regardless of the actual cause.

back above 4 , that div is very appealing still even at these prices for some people
    one step ahead of the herd

I can't help thinking there's a high probability of this falling back to $3:50 or even lower. Historically it's been difficult for Spark to maintain these levels.
    But there's also a high probability of me being wrong ... it has happened before.

I won't be topping up at these prices. I would want to see a solidly maintained SP above $4.00 before I'm convinced this new higher price is here to stay.

Disc: Holder and employee

May hold at or above current levels until the dividend. -if sp increases from here may sell just before dividend date, not sure it will recover the dividend in a short period of time.
    Discl- currently hold with tight stop

Quote Originally Posted by oldtech View Post
    I can't help thinking there's a high probability of this falling back to $3:50 or even lower. Historically it's been difficult for Spark to maintain these levels.
    But there's also a high probability of me being wrong ... it has happened before.

I won't be topping up at these prices. I would want to see a solidly maintained SP above $4.00 before I'm convinced this new higher price is here to stay.

bang on oldtech. 4 bucks seems like stupid money to me at the moment
    its still the same, standard divi that people were buying into back in the Feb and Apr lows
    obviously interest rates being held lower for longer, but are the 'lower interest rates', plus 'cost cutting/agile' really worth a 70 cent swing?
    maybe the market is seeing some growth somewhere that I'm not
    looking forward to the premier league in 2019 though. unfortunately my team is one of those currently near to the bottom of the table :/

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by oldtech View Post

Spot on, let's see what happens to the price on the Sept index rebalance.