sharetrader
Page 103 of 213 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 2129

looking good for all new time highs hopefully, some people must think like me - cheap stock nice div lol
    one step ahead of the herd

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    looking good for all new time highs hopefully, some people must think like me - cheap stock nice div lol
    Cheap compared to what? A low growth stock on a PE of 18, cheap at $3.30 maybe, not $3.90. PS-Price dependent on the whims of the big boys and the US currency.

Their retention and aquisition plays have been very good; Spotify, Netflix, lightbox and 1GB free daily data. Wonder what will happen when the Spotify deal comes up for renewal. It's a major reason many people stay with and join Spark on mobile.

https://www.nzx.com/companies/SPK/announcements/303375

investor update

- lowest cost operator through automation and job cuts - will offset commoditised broadband and mobile offerings I guess
    - more value offerings - point of difference to retain customers
    - pg 39 very interesting they have no real presence in any of the categories apart from Qrious so are they going to aquire businesses or grow there own?

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    https://www.nzx.com/companies/SPK/announcements/303375

investor update

- lowest cost operator through automation and job cuts - will offset commoditised broadband and mobile offerings I guess
    - more value offerings - point of difference to retain customers
    - pg 39 very interesting they have no real presence in any of the categories apart from Qrious so are they going to aquire businesses or grow there own?
    From a reliable source, those job cuts were started early this year but somehow put on hold. It will properly eventuate again now that Y/E is over. But still, those that were let loose on the "digital group" of the business earlier is substantial in number.
    Last edited by RGR367; 02-07-2017 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RGR367 View Post
    From a reliable source, those job cuts were started early this year but somehow put on hold. It will properly eventuate again now that Y/E is over. But still, those that were let loose on the "digital group" of the business earlier is substantial in number.
    imagine they will start up again

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/ind...rnet-of-things

competition already in this space.

Spark Digital are still bleeding high-margin business customers to competitors such as DataCom, with no end in sight.

And if they were Zaphod either the CEO Spark Digital or Simon Moutter would have been fired or Spark would be out of business.

Which part of your narrative do you need to adjust Zaphod?

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post
    And if they were Zaphod either the CEO Spark Digital or Simon Moutter would have been fired or Spark would be out of business.

Which part of your narrative do you need to adjust Zaphod?
    No narrative adjustment required, Major. Having worked for Gen-I (now Spark Digital) and having dealt with them for over a decade as a major corporate customer, I am acutely aware of their situation, including their strengths and weaknesses.

Datacom secured direct access to major corporate accounts previously held by Spark Digital, supplying hardware, software and services. Datacom’s strategic focus on the service side of the business allowed them to leapfrog Spark Digital’s efforts.

You should note that several changes to Gen-I's leadership team occurring during this time, culminating in the amalgamation and rebranding of the company to Spark Digital.