sharetrader
Page 109 of 214 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 2135

trading range breakdown? i picking broadband numbers under pressure margin squeeze as an issue to come.
    Last edited by bull....; 25-01-2018 at 08:18 AM.
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    trading range breakdown? i picking broadband numbers under pressure margin squeeze as an issue to come.
    I was thinking more the interest rate in the good ol us of A rising and then throw in Vodafone possible listing might be the reason

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy415 View Post
    I was thinking more the interest rate in the good ol us of A rising and then throw in Vodafone possible listing might be the reason
    Your onto it.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Your onto it.
    if it is the vadafone listing i cant see customers leaving spark broadband just go to the new boy on the block......I see it more the funds needing to sell spark and buy vodafone to balance their passive funds....thats my theory anyway...been known to be wrong before...just ask my wife....she,s always right

Advanced Member

Current rates are in keeping with annual fluctuations. I have been trading this lot since before the flood and I get the same touch of panic every year until I go and look at the chart and see where it went last year and the year before at this time. My trading drops now to the 250-60 range (sell as close to 260 as I can and buy back as close to 250 as I can). Still the same margin of profit but a lot more care needed.

I'm assuming you mean 3:50 - 3:60 Craic

I picked up a few Spark this morning based on the level that I stated a few posts ago being 3:46 where a bullish gartley has played out to the tee. I guess the yield helps this.
    I'm in the unusual position of coming into a wad of cash soon from my property sale so it will be necessary to have more in equities even if we are in a bear from here on.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Wow ... $3.39. I've been resisting the temptation to do any topping up anywhere just at the moment, but with the dividend yield on this I'm finding it increasingly hard to resist ...

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy415 View Post
    if it is the vadafone listing i cant see customers leaving spark broadband just go to the new boy on the block......I see it more the funds needing to sell spark and buy vodafone to balance their passive funds....thats my theory anyway...been known to be wrong before...just ask my wife....she,s always right
    I think that sum's it up plus institutions will want o some piece of the pie in vodafail and given its chequered history the pricing of the float will need to be cheap.
    We saw all the incumbent players in the retirement industry have their SP's come under serious pressure when OCA listed last year.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by oldtech View Post
    Wow ... $3.39. I've been resisting the temptation to do any topping up anywhere just at the moment, but with the dividend yield on this I'm finding it increasingly hard to resist ...
    330 will be the test, hasn't dipped under that for a long time. The one thing with this share at the moment is the rising interest rate reaction in the market, and a lot of overseas money being invested in SPK for the yield. The CPI update tomorrow will be worth monitoring imo

Quote Originally Posted by oldtech View Post
    in danger of dropping thru the reliablr 3.40 support which has worked well for a long time
    one step ahead of the herd