sharetrader
Page 11 of 214 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Ricky99 and Couta1 are living in a magic world. The reality is that 2Deg (which isn't listed on the NZX0) has been making big losses since it started up and still has no sign of profitability, depends on its mainly overseas backers to keep it going and find money for investment. Its a tiddler so it doesn't have the advantage of scale and the only reason it exists and keeps going is because the Government said it wanted at least 3 players in the mobile market to ensure competition.
    Hardly a firm basis to enthuse upon.

Banned

MVT what's magic about only wanting to pay for a small amount of data on a casual basis if that's all you use(I take it you know what data is?) Why join some ridiculous long term Telecom plan when you don't need to?

I love the smell of dividends in the morning.

Again craic your wily wisdom and sensible comment prevails and MVTs last comment is most relevant. Bring on the $3+ SP and the divi.

On a personal level I'm a 2Degrees customer, but for the business we are purely a Spark customer. Why? Superior coverage than either 2Degrees or Vodafone, much more favourable international roaming agreements, and much higher data throughput. This latter point is not solely due to better 4G coverage at a national level, but probably also due to higher bandwidth back-haul links from the XT cell towers and back-end infrastructure than other carriers currently utilise.

Advanced Member

No let-up in early trading today. I suspect it will get up to the high 290's and drop back about 4pm as profit takers arrive. Just tried for another 26000 at 293 but may have to go up a cent or so when the markets open.

nice rise from the breakout, not unexpected as the theme is big cap - not small cap at the moment
    one step ahead of the herd

Advanced Member

Had to go to 264 but never mind, I think that there's life in the old dog yet. Septembers div. statement could see this share returning to its former glory, or not as the case may be. A relative who was one of Telecoms top engineers for many years, said the other day that he had dropped out because of the shares volatility. Long live volatility - I get as much pleasure out of playing this as I do out the horses and it's slightly easier to read.

Wow, Tel has a P/E of 25 now. Still holding.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Wow, Tel has a P/E of 25 now. Still holding.
    Not sure how you got a P/E for TEL of 25? Login to DirectBroking, put in TEL for a quote, then click on the drop down box on Detailed and you can the P/E, totally up to date is 22.38.
    Do the same for AIA and the P/E is 27.18.