sharetrader
Page 38 of 213 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RGR367 View Post
    SPK has just announced about "the formation of a new fibre construction joint venture with Vocus Communications where they will acquire 50% of the new company, which is to be called Connect 8. Vocus and Spark New Zealand will be equally represented on the joint venture board and receive equal distributions of profit. They will continue to work with Chorus as they currently do, but it will mean they now have other options to deploy fibre, albeit on a much smaller scale".

Hope this bodes well for the company. Your thoughts?
    Was speaking with a family member who works for spark. He told me spark are looking to start construction and building there own network because Chorus are charging far to much.

I wasn't sure about it at the time. but it seems this company could be the catalyst for that. Having there own Fibre connections would allow spark to be more competitive in pricing and make more by not forking out disgusting sums of money to Chorus.

From my IT background it is a sound plan but couldn't it lead telecom to be regulated again by the comcom? even thought they already should be in my opinion. Spark is the only company I wont invest in out of my disdain for the company.

Just a shame they are the only teleco making the big bucks.
    Last edited by PartyPooper; 04-02-2015 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PartyPooper View Post
    Was speaking with a family member who works for spark. He told me spark are looking to start construction and building there own network because Chorus are charging far to much.

I wasnt sure about it at the time. but it seems this company could be the cataylst for that. Having there own Fibre connections would allow spark to be more competetive in pricing and make more by not forking out disguesting sums of money to Chorus.

From my IT background its a sound plan but couldnt it lead telecom to be regulated again by the comcom? even thought they already should be in my opinon. Spark is the only company I wont invest in out of my distain for the company.

Just a shame they are they only teleco making the big bucks.
    Hells teeth PP, you sure have a lot of spelling mistakes in those few lines, I guess IT has predictive all the way and you are not required to know how to spell, concerns me a bit that younger generations struggle with the printed word.

Quote Originally Posted by blockhead View Post
    Hells teeth PP, you sure have a lot of spelling mistakes in those few lines, I guess IT has predictive all the way and you are not required to know how to spell, concerns me a bit that younger generations struggle with the printed word.
    Nooooo caught by the lack of spell check on my smart phone(which I just preformed now on my laptop dam you were right several mistakes). Spelling defiantly isn't my strong point.
    Last edited by PartyPooper; 04-02-2015 at 03:46 PM.

Nice to see you are not defiant about it ..there's hope yet.....well maybe not but I'm sure you have lots of good features to make up for it (and that's features not feet)
    Quote Originally Posted by PartyPooper View Post
    Nooooo caught by the lack of spell check on my smart phone(which I just preformed now on my laptop dam you were right several mistakes). Spelling defiantly isn't my strong point.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

Very interesting. I assume Spark would initially use this new venture to provision connections to specific commercial customers in much the same way they did with Chorus was an integral part of Telecom. Ironically, they would risk regulatory intervention if they were seen to complete with the UFB rollout due to the investment central government has ploughed into this project.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    Very interesting. I assume Spark would initially use this new venture to provision connections to specific commercial customers in much the same way they did with Chorus was an integral part of Telecom. Ironically, they would risk regulatory intervention if they were seen to complete with the UFB rollout due to the investment central government has ploughed into this project.
    Pretty much sums up my thoughts when I was told via my family member. Honestly didn't believe him at first because Spark are now basically building Chorus 2.0

what's up today! down 13.5c because mobile network was troubled or HY report is looming?
    Last edited by Master98; 12-02-2015 at 07:06 PM.

Advanced Member

none of the above. Warren Buffet and other experts have clearly stated that a major downturn or crash is imminent. Look around, contact Energy have their report next week and they are just as far down. Overeas investors are cashing up and this has a radical effect on tiny markets like ours. The world we live in is close to the edge of several disasters - wars or the like.

Ho hum...what's new....SP has over the last month alone gone from 3.15 to 3.33 down to 3.20 back up to 3.50 down to 3.30 up to 3.50 down to 3.30. People making (and losing) money would be more likely. But this time it could be different of course...or maybe not.
    Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    none of the above. Warren Buffet and other experts have clearly stated that a major downturn or crash is imminent. Look around, contact Energy have their report next week and they are just as far down. Overeas investors are cashing up and this has a radical effect on tiny markets like ours. The world we live in is close to the edge of several disasters - wars or the like.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

What I'm hearing is that SPK will report a tad better on all fronts. If that come to pass, then maybe you'll really worry or you may not