sharetrader
Page 72 of 214 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122172 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Master98 View Post
    can't agree mate, good dividend return, stable income, low risk business should hold sp well and potential go up.
    I completely agree with the first three parts of what you've said above, however with respect to growth IMO telecommunications has become a commoditised business with potential growth coming from either conversions, growth in connections from other sources (e.g. IoT) or from the sales of value added services (e.g. Lightbox, Spark Digital services etc.) Spark's strategy on the IoT and value-added services isn't quite as clear as I'd like it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Good luck to anyone paying $4, I wouldn't pay anymore than $3.40-$3.45 currently.
    Why is that? How do you value Spark?

I ask because I have not attempted to value it yet.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by James108 View Post
    Why is that? How do you value Spark?

I ask because I have not attempted to value it yet.
    Spark has a Medium valuation by 8 Analysts of $3.32 upgraded from $3.18 formally, my gutometer says $3.32 is pretty close to fair value but you decide for yourself. PS- For those with glasses with rose tinting the high value is $3.80

Spark has a Medium valuation by 8 Analysts of $3.32 upgraded from $3.18 formally, my gutometer says $3.32 is pretty close to fair value but you decide for yourself. PS- For those with glasses with rose tinting the high value is $3.80
    traditional way of fundamentally valuing companies isn't how you should value companies in this environment it hasn't been working for quite a while now
    one step ahead of the herd

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    traditional way of fundamentally valuing companies isn't how you should value companies in this environment it hasn't been working for quite a while now
    How you choose to value Spark is up to you, I don't buy to hold or trade overvalued shares anymore (I've sold down a few of those last week and yesterday for substantial losses)

whats overvalued is very subjective - if you ran on that theory would you still be holding such stocks as aia,fph etc etc etc like I say traditional way of valuing companies hasn't worked for quite some time
    one step ahead of the herd

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    whats overvalued is very subjective - if you ran on that theory would you still be holding such stocks as aia,fph etc etc etc like I say traditional way of valuing companies hasn't worked for quite some time
    I wouldn't buy AIA nor fph at their current prices, there are better options available, same goes for buying Spark at current price. PS-Currently you have droves of rats leaving the sinking ship of low bank deposits piling into shares like Spark, these people just want dividends and most wouldn't have any idea of what fair value might be so the SP gets pushed up beyond its fair value artificially IMO.
    Last edited by couta1; 01-04-2016 at 09:24 AM.

I wouldn't buy AIA nor fph at their current prices, there are better options available, same goes for buying Spark at current price. PS-Currently you have droves of rats leaving the sinking ship of low bank deposits piling into shares like Spark, these people just want dividends and most wouldn't have any idea of what fair value might be so the SP gets pushed up beyond its fair value artificially IMO.
    Bought AIA at $5.25 when valuation was $4.2!, after interim sp shoot to nearly $7.0 then those so called valuations revised to $6.5, really just play catch-up game, I mean not to be fooled by those valuations.

Banned

Anyway work to do so enough rambling for now.PS-I agree with BB in post #693, It's not a matter of if but when a correction will come cause it will come as sure as the winter

Advanced Member

Guess what? It's pay day and now the price is down by about 10cps. Monday will see the price begin a further downward track as people realise that the money has gone in the bank or - it isn't going in the bank. Next payday is early October. So it's forget about SPK and try and find some horses that run faster than my more recently favoured ones.