sharetrader
Page 75 of 212 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125175 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    I'm afraid I will not buy until 341 or lower and it will go lower. I've been playing this game with this share for a few years now and the total number is 37,000. the day I buy they go back on the market at 4cps above the buy price. Tax? Well the division is 30-30-40. 30% set aside for tax, 30% reserve fund and 40% to me. One cent on my lot is $370 so a four cent difference is $1,480 less $400 fees (2 transactions) Profit is only on buy back. Hardly a day passes in the life of this share without a four cent difference. The reserve covers miscalculations when I have to take a small loss to maintain the number. I am cashed up at present and happy to wait but I expect 341 within two days.
    I am afraid you can get 341 as i said before SPK in perfect uptrend currently which 50MA is the support, 343-345 is the low you can get, anyway good luck to you
    Last edited by Master98; 19-04-2016 at 11:19 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Until we get a universal capital gains tax in NZ then multitudes of people will continue to transact millions of share transactions every year with only a tiny percentage of them declaring any trading activity, that's the result you get with grey tax laws.
    True.
    Surely it is easier these days for IRD to trawl through a bunch or meta data and produce profiles of people.
    Is it possible to open a share trading account with a false name?
    I would have thought that was just about impossible with the focus on anti money laundering etc?

Spk at a five year high this week. How far we've come from the days of a sub $2 price and XT getting off to that terrible start. As painful as it was, I've sold the last of my Spk shares because I hardly sell off off anything and it was about time I took some profits somewhere. I bought Telecom shares in 2009 at $2.62 (first share purchase since 1987!)and kept on buying during 2009/10 and the XT troubles for at an average purchase price of $2.29.

I'm putting the proceeds towards a cruise and other bit and pieces. No reinvestment here, just pure consumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Spk at a five year high this week. How far we've come from the days of a sub $2 price and XT getting off to that terrible start. As painful as it was, I've sold the last of my Spk shares because I hardly sell off off anything and it was about time I took some profits somewhere. I bought Telecom shares in 2009 at $2.62 (first share purchase since 1987!)and kept on buying during 2009/10 and the XT troubles for at an average purchase price of $2.29.

I'm putting the proceeds towards a cruise and other bit and pieces. No reinvestment here, just pure consumption.
    Nice one, lots of divvies along the way too.

Advanced Member

You forgot the 1:5 CNU issue as well!

You're suffering from itchy trigger finger. The gross yield percentage vs the yield on bank fixed deposits shows it's got some way to go yet.

If only McDunk were alive and reading this now.....:-)

Banned

Well done, SP is toppy and will soon be heading in a southward direction again,you can bet on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post
    You're suffering from itchy trigger finger. The gross yield percentage vs the yield on bank fixed deposits shows it's got some way to go yet.

If only McDunk were alive and reading this now.....:-)
    Yeah, maybe. I do have a habit of selling just before huge price increases e.g. Telstra ($3.60) and IFT (sub $2). In this case it really is about trying to find a little balance. It's great accumulating, it's satisfying and feels good...but I could also get run over crossing the road tomorrow. Rest assured I still have plenty of other irons in the fire that could bring glory or absolute misery.

Bob - where you going cruisin'

Good to see you spending some of your gains - i often feel sad when i hear of punters accumulating more and more wealth without spending some .....and then being run over crossing the road (figuratively)

Enjoy your little trip
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Really - just in your opinion you probably thought that when they hit $3.60xd, you might just as easily expect the price to move higher esp if the Reserve Bank cuts again soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Well done, SP is toppy and will soon be heading in a southward direction again,you can bet on that.