sharetrader
Page 78 of 213 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178 ... LastLast

Ah Ha, out of the country and missed that bit, thanks

hope spark have a plan for sky/ vodaphone merger was pretty obvious sky would do this
    one step ahead of the herd

Looks like it won't happen anyway. Most interesting to read the financial data on Vodafone, losing heavily (as they have since the start) so Vodafone UK want to dump them. SKY TV have been pumped dry as a cash cow by their Australian owners and now have serious competition for the first time so their Australian owners want to dump them, or at least spread the load. If you add 2 losers do you get a winner or more target practice for Spark etc?

I took the opportunity to top up with a few at 333

bt telecom faced a similar problem yrs back against the big bskyb who dominated pay tv so they introduced free packaged tv targeted all people who didn't want to pay pay tv prices and who were disalusioned with pay tvs high prices, they also have sport content now - imagine if skydaph lost the all black rights?

https://www.theguardian.com/business...05/news.uknews
    one step ahead of the herd

Banned

Spark don't seem that concerned about the proposed merger between Sky and Vodafone, as they have been selling each other's services for a few years now anyway. Once the dust settles, those buying at current prices will have gotten themselves a nice bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Spark don't seem that concerned about the proposed merger between Sky and Vodafone, as they have been selling each other's services for a few years now anyway. Once the dust settles, those buying at current prices will have gotten themselves a nice bargain.
    dear couta, sold my SPK shares weeks ago, learned from AIR won't buy back until clearly turned.

Quote Originally Posted by Master98 View Post
    dear couta, sold my SPK shares weeks ago, learned from AIR won't buy back until clearly turned.
    Opposite here, sold AIR a couple of months ago, bought SPK yesterday.

Banned

Well done to both of you, having sold my SPK a few weeks ago like you Master, I bought back a few days ago in the low $3.60s for the next divvy,so got one right and one wrong where as you both got it right.(If only we could know news in advance aye)

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    hope spark have a plan for sky/ vodaphone merger was pretty obvious sky would do this
    I would assume that SPK's strategy for triple-play is to pump up Lightbox. Content wise it can't compare with Sky nor especially Netflix, but there are opportunities there none the less.