sharetrader
Page 79 of 212 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129179 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    Content wise it can't compare with Sky nor especially Netflix, but there are opportunities there none the less.
    So nothing has changed really?

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    So nothing has changed really?
    not really, tougher competitor now in sky-da-ph who can make more money from bundling products but doesn't guarantee success
    have a read of this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Product_bundling

even a lessor bundled package can still drive a superior bundled package from the market

also worth noting is that the moves of spark and sky-da-ph will prohibit other gentailers from entering the market for broadband eg trustpower is a good example of gentailers entering the market
    Last edited by bull....; 10-06-2016 at 12:47 PM.
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    sky-da-ph
    I quite like the "ring" of Skodaphone myself, ba-boom!

Bundling, market power, and competitiveness[edit]

In oligopolistic and monopolistic industries, product bundling can be seen as an unfair use of market power because it limits the choices available to the consumer. In these cases it is typically called product tying. Some forms of product bundling have been subject to litigation regarding abuses of market share.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Product_bundling

from the same article

be interesting see what the bundling involves sky-da-ph as vodaph parent in there annual report states we will seek to challenge any bundling that a competitor uses from there superior content to limit competition. wonder if that translats to there superior position in nz?

Investor

Holding pretty well in light of what's happening in wider market overall....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Holding pretty well in light of what's happening in wider market overall....
    Not surprised as it got trashed last week,bit of a money parking spot is our Spark, remember last year when the market tanked and Spark went up?

sky secures soccer rights and then makes customers pay another $18 to watch them on top of the sports fees already hahhaa man is this a sign of things to come if I was spark ill be sh..... in my pants

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/footbal...other-services

sky secures soccer rights and then makes customers pay another $18 to watch them on top of the sports fees already hahhaa man is this a sign of things to come if I was spark ill be sh..... in my pants

Interestingly, according to an NBR article today, SKT doesn't make 1 cent from the EPL. They are merely providing it as a platform for the EPL provider. I know that sounds like rubbish but the NBR interviewer asked that question three times of the SKT spokesperson. Not one cent from EPL. Of course you need the basic SKT package to watch it so it's not a complete waste of time for SKT. Apparently the EPL would have cost them $12M over three years if they did it another way.

I sold Spark and own SKT. However, I'd love to buy back into Spark one day. It's a great company, with excellent customer service. And while Sky and VF are fluffing around after the merger, there'll be plenty of opportunity for Spark to steal more market share during the chaos. Spark has to get rid of Lightbox in my opinion, it's a waste of money and I don't know of anyone that has got or retained Spark because of it.

Banned

Actually it's $11.95 and terrific value if you take into account all the added games. You can, I guess, use Kodi etc. to illegally steam games but with all the hassle etc. that's involved, and for $11.95 a month what's the point? Nice one SKY.

Edit: I forgot to add that you don't have to subscribe to SKYSports to get the Soccer channels.
    Last edited by BlackCross; 15-06-2016 at 07:39 AM.