sharetrader
Page 81 of 213 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181 ... LastLast

Spark take-over of TVNZ? No, highly unlikely and not a good combination IMO. Purely media conjecture designed to sell copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    Spark take-over of TVNZ? No, highly unlikely and not a good combination IMO. Purely media conjecture designed to sell copy.
    I wouldn't right it off -

its called Telco tv
    Telco TV (sometimes known as Fiber-enabled TV Service) – With Telco TV telephone service providers act as the television network operator.

heres an example

https://broadband.ee.co.uk/ee-tv

tvnz would be better than tv3 I guess either way spark have to do something
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    I wouldn't right it off -

its called Telco tv
    Telco TV (sometimes known as Fiber-enabled TV Service) – With Telco TV telephone service providers act as the television network operator.

heres an example

https://broadband.ee.co.uk/ee-tv

tvnz would be better than tv3 I guess either way spark have to do something
    I'm not talking about the tech; it's the issues with merging to culturally dissimilar entities, with one that is regularly used as a political football that concerns me.

Nice announcement by Spark this morning that they are now Number 1 in mobiles, ahead of Vodafone :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post
    Nice announcement by Spark this morning that they are now Number 1 in mobiles, ahead of Vodafone :-)
    yes good news, mr moutter is doing a great job turning old telecom around.

heading back to the highs?

I was in a spark store on the weekend as I needed a broadband wifi booster for my mansion as you probably know a normal wifi signal from your router is not strong enough to reach all areas of a large house with a sufficiently strong signal anyway got to the store and I say have you got a wifi booster, oh yea says the sales person one of many sales people in the store ( good to see lots of sales people ) here it is. cool I thought until I see it was a adsl model, I say I want for fibre the sales person says oh we don't sell them you have to go to JBHI FI , I say what.

anyway youd think spark would utilize all those lovely sales people by having a decent range of by products to just there phones so as to upsell or cross sell or what ever would boost retail profits for sure instead of me having too pay $200 at JB instead.

Mrs Spark phoned Blocky a couple of months ago and offered "wireless broadband", no extra cost, in fact it was a few dollars less, crafty move by Spark that was, now have speeds good enough to use Lightbox and Sky On Demand, shortly after I had to up the usage limit to 80gb so the "free" upgrade I received is already paying off for Spark. Works well around Blockys humble cottage and out on the lawn for a fair way as well.

Good for watching Hayden Paddon and Tour de France at times when I can sit down with a pint.

heading back to the highs?

I was in a spark store on the weekend as I needed a broadband wifi booster for my mansion as you probably know a normal wifi signal from your router is not strong enough to reach all areas of a large house with a sufficiently strong signal anyway got to the store and I say have you got a wifi booster, oh yea says the sales person one of many sales people in the store ( good to see lots of sales people ) here it is. cool I thought until I see it was a adsl model, I say I want for fibre the sales person says oh we don't sell them you have to go to JBHI FI , I say what.

anyway youd think spark would utilize all those lovely sales people by having a decent range of by products to just there phones so as to upsell or cross sell or what ever would boost retail profits for sure instead of me having too pay $200 at JB instead.
    It's a common problem in large houses or multi-dwelling properties. Before you go an splash out $200 - have a look at this site
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/300Mb...d-f131c82a7ab1

I have one of these in my lounge and it boosted my signal from 45-50% to 92-95%.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
    It's a common problem in large houses or multi-dwelling properties. Before you go an splash out $200 - have a look at this site
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/300Mb...d-f131c82a7ab1

I have one of these in my lounge and it boosted my signal from 45-50% to 92-95%.
    cheers certainly much cheaper than jb , im assuming its fibre compatible? and compatible with spark huewai routers

cheers certainly much cheaper than jb , im assuming its fibre compatible? and compatible with spark huewai routers
    Yes - it's a repeater so it just picks up the wifi signal being sent out by your router and amplifies it. It works well for me but best you have a good read of the description (and peoples feedback) to make sure it is what you need. Certainly a cost effective option.