sharetrader
Page 84 of 213 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134184 ... LastLast

Have you had an issue with Spark in the last 3 years or so that needs resolving? I had multiple when I became a new mobile customer and cannot believe that customer service is high on their agenda.

If they are spending more on new staff, then i suspect it is through absolute necessity to fix 3 hour wait times rather than to shift gears and suddenly become customer focussed.

Seriously, I have recently been having drop out issues with Vodafone broadband so I started to look at other suppliers, it is actually really hard to find Sparks phone number, and eventually when I did, I got the multiple options on their telephone system and after holding for a while ( minutes, not hours ) I gave up and found a chat option on their website where I could talk to a staff member by chat. Only a 5 minute wait here and It would have been ok if the chat person had some product knowledge because each question I asked took 2-3 minutes to get a response... after 15 minutes of chat pain, I gave up again.

This is just an example of mine which I don't think is isolated. If you do truly believe that great customer service is something they aspire to, then that's ok, your opinion against mine.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    much needed breather, if you brought last couple days im sure it will come back
    Lot of ramping up going on here over the last couple of days, I'm surprised Craic bought back his lot at $3.83 yesterday, I could see it was at its top for now, in fact I sold my holding last week as I consider it too expensive at current prices and offering little value. Adding to my Air holding and SCL both of which I see as having good value at current prices. PS-Spark is one of my favourite stocks and one I know very well.

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    Will be looking to buy 32000 @ 383 this morning and expect 400cps by Friday or earlier. 500 looms for the first time in years.
    Pretty sure Chorus will see $5 before Spk ever sees $4.

Although I should add, I've been wrong plenty of times before so take what I'm saying with a grain of salt . looking forward to buying Spk again in the future.
    Last edited by Bobdn; 13-07-2016 at 04:48 PM.

looks like a big bounce tomorrow if ya go off the aus quotes
    one step ahead of the herd

4 dollars soon I hope still cheap I reckon

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    4 dollars soon I hope still cheap I reckon
    Yeah right to the cheap bit.
    Last edited by couta1; 26-07-2016 at 10:21 AM.

Spark model just like SKY/Vodafone, its a dying business. Enjoy the uptrend people :-)

Spark and Tel before it has been making money and paying dividends longer than your somewhat limited vision recognizes. All IT related enterprises will founder if they don't adapt and adopt new visions. Parking SPK along with SKY is just way too simplistic and it would appear most investors don't agree with you...so you are a contrarian...good on you. But not a contrarian based on any recognition of history of the company, but based on what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasi Goreng View Post
    Spark model just like SKY/Vodafone, its a dying business. Enjoy the uptrend people :-)
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

I would base my theory on technology. For example, there are now 1 billion users of Facebook Messenger who are able to make their own private calls without the need of a telephone company.

The big tailwind for telcoms has been the rise of the smart phone and people have needed to buy data plans which are of more value now than free calls. I just think 5-10 years from now, technology will change so fast that we may eventually be able to get by without phone companies at all, some say we may eventually get rid of telephone numbers all together - imagine that! We would need more free wifi zones to enable this but its not inconceivable to imagine it happening.

So maybe my somewhat limited vision can't see too far into the past but its not really the past investors need to worry about is it? Happy to be contrarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasi Goreng View Post
    I would base my theory on technology. For example, there are now 1 billion users of Facebook Messenger who are able to make their own private calls without the need of a telephone company.

The big tailwind for telcoms has been the rise of the smart phone and people have needed to buy data plans which are of more value now than free calls. I just think 5-10 years from now, technology will change so fast that we may eventually be able to get by without phone companies at all, some say we may eventually get rid of telephone numbers all together - imagine that! We would need more free wifi zones to enable this but its not inconceivable to imagine it happening.

So maybe my somewhat limited vision can't see too far into the past but its not really the past investors need to worry about is it? Happy to be contrarian.
    you could say spk is a technology company sort of now it main businesses are data, it, cloud etc while its legacy is phone.
    if we don't have ph companies in 10yrs guess chorus wont be around then too.