sharetrader
Page 90 of 213 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190 ... LastLast

Funny, in the sense of strange, I'm with Spark, have been for a long time and I haven't experienced a single proble the last few days...

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11793631

interesting in the article they mention spark may offer Netflix in bundles, good strategy for the moment against vodasky minus sport but still will not be able to compete against vodasky with sport.

Im hoping nz first bill passes I hardly watch any sport now don't pay to watch as a protest because I already pay thru my taxes for sport in this country why should I pay twice and more actually kids are not really that interested in sport and makes me wonder sometimes is it because they don't see it on tv? youtube facebook more fun than sports Lol no wonder sporting participation is falling as a nation.

wonder if anyone has done a study on falling sport participation in a nation and rising crime?
    Last edited by bull....; 03-02-2017 at 08:26 AM.
    one step ahead of the herd

Spark getting Netflix is a smart move, but will also be very expensive for them. Netflix + Spotify is a killer combo. If only they could get their mobile network up to scratch (I get mobile ph internet outages all the time in Auckland). Strange to hear they are keeping Lightbox too. Netflix is all they need (if they are getting it).
    Last edited by Entrep; 03-02-2017 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    Spark getting Netflix is a smart move, but will also be very expensive for them. Netflix + Spotify is a killer combo. If only they could get their mobile network up to scratch (I get mobile ph internet outages all the time in Auckland). Strange to hear they are keeping Lightbox too. Netflix is all they need (if they are getting it).
    agree if they go with netflix dont really need lightbox unless the majority think lightbox is better than netflix nz.

anyway i see in australia they have done research into the link between sport and crime and concluded there is a link.

Crime Reduction and the Role of Sport

Thinkstock, 134067696

Prepared by: Chris Hume, Senior Research Consultant, Clearinghouse for Sport, Australian Sports Commission
    Evaluation by: Professor Colin Tatz, Visiting Fellow, Politics and International Relations, Australian National University (December 2016)
    Reviewed by network: Australasian Sport Information Network (AUSPIN)
    Last updated: Chris Hume (January 2017)
    Please refer to the Clearinghouse for Sport disclaimer page for more information concerning this content.

Introduction

A growing body of evidence, suggests, well organised and delivered sport and physical activity programs combined with other targeted interventions can make a contribution in reducing crime within targeted groups and communities.

Key Messages

1. With the right policy settings sport can assist to reduce crime in society.
    2. Sport can be effective when combined with programs which seek to address wider personal and social development.
    3. There are a number of Government programs at all levels that use sport as tool for crime minimisation

https://www.clearinghouseforsport.go..._role_of_sport

bill english increased the police levels but maybe should have included sport back on free to air as well as part of his crime fighting speech.

Membaa

I have both,

Lightbox good for TV serials - can watch the episode, series or whole season if you like. Family loves it too for programs not available in NZ on TV. It's free as well for Spark Mobile monthly post-pay customers.

Netflix much better for Movies, quite a good selection but still not as good as the USA subscribers. Family not so into movies, but usually find something when wanted. Pity they can't gives us the USA selection.

I think it's a good idea if Spark provided both Lightbox and Netflix, they're not really natural competitors in content, though for eyeballs viewing time they are.

good to see spark mopping up the minnows price is generous for sure

awesome, grew revenues and profits.

if remove 9m dividend from south cross which normal included in 2H then the 1H results hard to surprise market,

Quote Originally Posted by Master98 View Post
    if remove 9m dividend from south cross which normal included in 2H then the 1H results hard to surprise market,
    awesome was probably the wrong wording - steady probably better but facing headwinds for sure in most categories with a key event later this mth which potentially could alter the landscape.

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    awesome was probably the wrong wording - steady probably better but facing headwinds for sure in most categories with a key event later this mth which potentially could alter the landscape.
    if sky tv and vodafone merger go ahead then ...you know