sharetrader
Page 93 of 212 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Master98 View Post
    This has got me interested

In just over a month (when I am flush with my Spark dividend) I am interested....Spark have made a fibre connection for our street....I could take up a Spark offer to get free Netflix...one pain is that I really need to buy a new TV to take full advantage....anyone from Spark reading? Come and negotiate with me!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post
    In just over a month (when I am flush with my Spark dividend) I am interested....Spark have made a fibre connection for our street....I could take up a Spark offer to get free Netflix...one pain is that I really need to buy a new TV to take full advantage....anyone from Spark reading? Come and negotiate with me!
    Negotiate what - give you a free TV as well?

I don't know how successful the Netflix offer will be as its for new customers on a locked in 24 mth plan, doing a quick comparison of broadband prices shows spark is one of the most expensive plans for unlimited data around at the moment by about $10/mth that might explain the decrease in there market share and the increase in skinny at the lower price point. Spark will need to improve price point or keep losing market share I reckon.
    one step ahead of the herd

Also im on a mobile plan and there new IT setup is pi..... me off it keeps double billing me each mth after asking them to fix it I see this mth I have new problems so why the customer service was alright the person who supposedly fixed the problem caused a new one now im getting 2 data plans on my ph with 1 billing lol guess I will have to ring back again.

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Negotiate what - give you a free TV as well?
    why do you need a new TV?

p.s Chorus do the fibre installs, not spark. Based off my experience, I have been frustrated with the technicians doing the installs, constantly had to follow up where the job was at and had to incur costs to help get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post

Just buy a $50 Chromecast and you can run it on practically any TV. Despite my so called Smart TV from Samsung supporting Netflix - the interface is terrible and laggy - we prefer to use the Chromecast.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by brend View Post
    why do you need a new TV?
    was in relation to MvT saying "one pain is that I really need to buy a new TV to take full advantage....anyone from Spark reading?"

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    ... the decrease in there market share and the increase in skinny at the lower price point. Spark will need to improve price point or keep losing market share I reckon.

Skinny is a division of Spark.

In regards to the Netflix deal, will be interested to see what content that we can get in New Zealand. It will be very attractive if the contents are the same as in the US Netflix. Otherwise, will be better off streaming from Amazon Video, or iTunes.

Quote Originally Posted by 44wishlists View Post

Skinny is a division of Spark.

In regards to the Netflix deal, will be interested to see what content that we can get in New Zealand. It will be very attractive if the contents are the same as in the US Netflix. Otherwise, will be better off streaming from Amazon Video, or iTunes.
    that's right skinny is budget end of spark offering so I would imagine lower margins, the nz Netflix offering is quite limited no comparison what so ever to the us version.