sharetrader
Page 94 of 213 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144194 ... LastLast

I have nz Netflix which is very limited. Out of interest can you get US Netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by 44wishlists View Post

Skinny is a division of Spark.

In regards to the Netflix deal, will be interested to see what content that we can get in New Zealand. It will be very attractive if the contents are the same as in the US Netflix. Otherwise, will be better off streaming from Amazon Video, or iTunes.

..... Or use Kodi instead.

What nonsense trading on the NZX is. Spark signs a brilliant deal to offer Netflix and is slashed by 4 cents. SKT is neutered by ComCom and goes up a cent!

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post
    What nonsense trading on the NZX is. Spark signs a brilliant deal to offer Netflix and is slashed by 4 cents. SKT is neutered by ComCom and goes up a cent!
    Maybe great for customers but not so much the company bottom line. I already have free lightbox (along with my free fibre ) which pairs nicely with my free tivo (yes it is still going strong) so i suppoae netflix will provide more free channels i wont watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post
    In addition to Minimoke's comment, the Netflix that Spark signed offers very average rated contents. So, today's SP reflects the market thinking towards the deal today. And just being a thought, the deal could be a "positive" news on Spark if the SKT Vodafone merge did go through last week.

I have netflix I find it pretty good for movies and TV. Lightbox only has TV and it is very limited. There's nothing average rated about the Netflix NZ content. Here for example is the movie list for Netflix NZ with all the films you'd expect all the Best Picture winners and top rated stuff is pretty much there. I've had it a few month and haven't made a dent yet in everything I want to see in movies alone.

https://www.finder.com/nz/netflix-nz-movies

I'm not suggesting the deal would drive sp up but I wouldn't expect it to drive it down either. Still it's good for me as I am thinking of purchasing a few and the share price is now almost at the pre-comcom decision level and hasn't gone ex dividend yet so will have to do some more research and see where it is tomorrow. I'd speculate sentiment towards the sector and international yield play money continuing to be diverted into other options has more influence on the price today than the Netflix announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    . I already have free lightbox (along with my free fibre ) which pairs nicely with my free tivo (yes it is still going strong)
    In for a busy weekend as i prepare my consumer guaranteees act claim against spark for defective tivos in October. Very sad day yesterday with the announcement tivo service is stopping in oct which essentially makes tivo box obsolete before its use by date

Had been thinking about getting Netflix, and have a been a Spark ADSL customer. Signed up to VDSL and 2year contract with *free* 1 year Netflix on Monday .... new modem delivered, connection transferred, Netflix a/c created ... within 4 days ... impressed with the turnaround, and kept informed via emails.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    In for a busy weekend as i prepare my consumer guaranteees act claim against spark for defective tivos in October. Very sad day yesterday with the announcement tivo service is stopping in oct which essentially makes tivo box obsolete before its use by date
    By any chance minimoke did your Tivo boxes keep on continuously have their hard drives die out or the TiVo would just reset right in the middle of viewing either live or pre-recorded shows?

Spark showing some strength today despite going ex divi.