sharetrader
Page 12 of 383 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Hi Percy, and others, I find it intriguing that just as the GEN float is here then the other two power companies {MELCA and MRP} which have so far been lacklustre are now starting to shine brighter than before.
    What is the message? Buy more GEN after the initial euphoria?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    Hi Percy, and others, I find it intriguing that just as the GEN float is here then the other two power companies {MELCA and MRP} which have so far been lacklustre are now starting to shine brighter than before.
    What is the message? Buy more GEN after the initial euphoria?
    Hi Airedale,
    I think it is because David Cunliffe is the wrong person to be Labour's leader.
    Therefore the chances of seeing Labour/Greens' single buyer of power model is remote.
    Last edited by percy; 28-03-2014 at 03:36 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I think it is because David Cunliffe is the wrong person to be Labour's leader.
    Therefore the chances of seeing Labour/Greens' single buyer of power is remote.
    Bingo. .

Just heard its 1.55 on news.

final IPO price set at $1.55

Quote Originally Posted by ScrappyO View Post
    Just heard its 1.55 on news.
    Right well hope to get them cheaper when I go to buy anyone know likely first divie payment date ?
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Dear JB..how do you intend to do that and why...cheers

If the dividend is really going to be 14.3% every year, then how does it make any sense for the government to be selling this? According to http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...is-share-price, selling at $1.55 raises them $736 million and the “The brokerage, legal and PR fees run into well over $100 million." , so that means they will make around $600 million from the sale which they would have made in 6 years via dividends ($736 * 14.3% = $105 mil, so 6 years to make back the 600 mil that they will actually get). But that is probably just my flawed view/calculation.

Dear shonen...did you include the 1 for 15...after what a year.../...is that about 6% also.....go for it...

Quote Originally Posted by troyvdh View Post
    Dear shonen...did you include the 1 for 15...after what a year.../...is that about 6% also.....go for it...
    lol, not sure if that was included in the 14% from the article (I assume not), either way their has got to be some catch to this. I am very interested in this offer, but guess I will need to do my homework this weekend.