sharetrader
Page 124 of 385 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 3848

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    And back above the 200EMA, $2.26 up .10 as I type. This price action of the past couple of weeks has been surprisingly dramatic, though indicators are pushing hard up from oversold and money flow is strongly positive.
    Attachment 7280
    BAA
    Baa, where do you get your chart data from? I don't see any recent trading in the 2.10ish range!
    I see however that Yahoo have presented the bonus shares as a 16:15 stock split and adjusted
    the share price accordingly, which is wrong.
    The bonus shares are a straight transfer from the majority shareholder to qualifying minority holders,
    no splitting (increase in number of shares) is occurring here.

Membaa

Thanks, I'll remove my post.

Quote Originally Posted by sideline View Post
    Baa, where do you get your chart data from? I don't see any recent trading in the 2.10ish range!
    I see however that Yahoo have presented the bonus shares as a 16:15 stock split and adjusted
    the share price accordingly, which is wrong.
    The bonus shares are a straight transfer from the majority shareholder to qualifying minority holders,
    no splitting (increase in number of shares) is occurring here.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Lightbulb 101

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace D View Post
    Could you explain the PE of 46? am I missing something here?
    Price Earning Ratio = Share Price / Earnings Per Share ( PE = SP/EPS )

46 = $2.265 / $0.0492 (FY14 to 30-June-14)

Best you read the financial statements before making any decisions.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Last edited by Snow Leopard; 16-04-2015 at 03:03 PM. Reason: wrong FY date!
    om mani peme hum

http://www.4-traders.com/GENESIS-ENE...957/revisions/

Historic EPS is misleading as it was a shocker of a year last year for all the reasons listed in the IPO documentation.

Consensus broker EPS for 2015 and 2016 is 11 cps. Forward PE at $2.26 is thus 20.5. Hope that clears up anyone's concerns.

genesis continues to bleed customers 3000 so far this yr, 25000 since jan last yr and takes the title of worst customer retention of all power companies mainly benefiting trustpower, todd , flick .

meridian and trustpower have recently announced they are going after Auckland market genesis biggest market and where they are most competitive ( genesis are losing heaps customers in the regions) so if genesis cant defend Auckland I believe the customer loseses will accelerate. I targeted in a post a while back of them losing 6000 by next report so on target I am increasing this to 15000 by dec now because they are failing to reverse the decline.
    I sold out after div ex so good luck it may keep going up because of the div but the chickens will come home to roost if this performance continues.
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    genesis continues to bleed customers 3000 so far this yr, 25000 since jan last yr and takes the title of worst customer retention of all power companies mainly benefiting trustpower, todd , flick .

meridian and trustpower have recently announced they are going after Auckland market genesis biggest market and where they are most competitive ( genesis are losing heaps customers in the regions) so if genesis cant defend Auckland I believe the customer loseses will accelerate. I targeted in a post a while back of them losing 6000 by next report so on target I am increasing this to 15000 by dec now because they are failing to reverse the decline.
    I sold out after div ex so good luck it may keep going up because of the div but the chickens will come home to roost if this performance continues.
    I have largely the same outlook, looking to sell out shortly. Did you buy in at IPO? If so, why sell between ex div and receiving the bonus shares?

Quote Originally Posted by bmrm View Post
    I have largely the same outlook, looking to sell out shortly. Did you buy in at IPO? If so, why sell between ex div and receiving the bonus shares?
    like most people I received very few in the ipo - anyway I see the funds utilised elsewhere as providing a return better than a few bonus shares will provide.
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

like most people I received very few in the ipo - anyway I see the funds utilised elsewhere as providing a return better than a few bonus shares will provide.
    Those bonus shares still represent roughly a 6.6% return. Not to be sneezed at especially now that its so close.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Those bonus shares still represent roughly a 6.6% return. Not to be sneezed at especially now that its so close.
    Yes I must agree with you.
    A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.!
    Then again, I would most probably enjoy two in the bush!!!! lol.

So you see a massive risk to GNE/unmissable investment opportunity manifesting in the ~two weeks between ex and the bonus allotment?