sharetrader
Page 139 of 385 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189239 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 3844
    Missed by that much

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    Musk just announce USD $3,500 10kWh battery with daily cycling capability sufficiency for a 10 year Warranty (bolts on your wall)

US$ 3500 to installers. That is the wholesale price, so $4300 NZ, plus shipping plus 15% GST or NZ$5000 wholesale. So NZ$7,000 - $8000 retail would be about right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    US$ 3500 to installers. That is the wholesale price, so $4300 NZ, plus shipping plus 15% GST or NZ$5000 wholesale. So NZ$7,000 - $8000 retail would be about right.
    I don't think that's wholesale, you can order on the website. So cheaper longer lasting and more capacity than meridians example given two days before. This game moves fast. Meridians examples and calculations are laughable. Classic head in sand from an industry about to be disrupted

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    that is the price. Yes GST and install on top. But even using your retail price, the tesla battery has already exceeded the specs meridian said would be viable. And the price will only come down once the gigafactory is online.

Does anyone know if large amounts of lithium are easily mined?

Hi Harvey,

It surprises me what others are paying per kwh. 17 cents per kwh and using my 5:1 efficiency heat pump in my office gives me a very cosy feeling in more ways than one
    Whilst this new battery is something of a game changer and prices in the long term will get cheaper and technology is always improving I believe Meridian's analysis regarding solar's impact in tandem with the uptake of electric cars and plug-in hybrids really puts this matter to bed in terms of its medium term impact on GNE. Growth in electricity demand will still occur but at a slower rate.

PSE - Keep a close eye on the SP. People who missed out on the IPO might come close to getting another opportunity at some stage this year or next if oil stay's low and their hedges run their course.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post

Does anyone know if large amounts of lithium are easily mined?
    Yes check out ORE on the ASX the latest ,cheapest highest quality brine producer producing now ;re 17,000 tonnes in first year.

This is consumerism , prices of solar and batteries are DECREASING at 17% per year , you install things that are going to be scrapped after 10 years. Why this is on this site is that it is terrible for generation,transmission andretailing,and not that hot for distribution. Distribution and Trans charges are 37% of the electricity bill. if the EA wants to change pricing it is going to have to make all these charges transparent. The generators add 16% onto all Trans and distribution charges and pass it on. Its this sort of practices which will lead to a no of customers leaving grids.Hqave a look at E.ON share price and we are facing the same.

Corporate

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Yes check out ORE on the ASX the latest ,cheapest highest quality brine producer producing now ;re 17,000 tonnes in first year.
    And at the very beginning AJM

percy

I googled Australian Lithium companies and came up with the following.;AJM,CAG,BFE,CMY,GSZ.ENL,ERO,LTX,TKL,GXY ,NMT,and PLS.
    Before going any further I thought I would look at their charts.Other than NMT and PLS they are all in a downtrend.I would have thought the lot,or most,would have been in a strong uptrend.
    So why if the demand for lithium is going to be so great,it is not reflected in Lithium companies' share prices?

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I googled Australian Lithium companies and came up with the following.;AJM,CAG,BFE,CMY,GSZ.ENL,ERO,LTX,TKL,GXY ,NMT,and PLS.
    Before going any further I thought I would look at their charts.Other than NMT and PLS they are all in a downtrend.I would have thought the lot,or most,would have been in a strong uptrend.
    So why if the demand for lithium is going to be so great,it is not reflected in Lithium companies' share prices?
    Perhaps the days of Lithium batteries are numbered...
    http://www.euronews.com/2015/04/09/n...ay-developers/
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I think few if any of those are producing or any where near it. you missed ORE which is now producing ; a lowest cost /highest quality producer at that with Toyota as an off take partner financier etc.