sharetrader
Page 14 of 388 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    good, that's a fair price to all concerned - 49% of a dog sold at near top of range - I happily pick up a few to sit on for a few years as a yield play. I see pumpkin head Cosgrove has come out with his usual commentary, yawn....followed by the horsetralian...yawn again

thats it for asset sales - no more to come - end of story I would have thought
    Im in. Should a good long termer. As for Cosgrove etc has anyone ever told him how boring he sounds? His comments are not as smart as a 10th grader!!

Quote Originally Posted by stones View Post
    Im in. Should a good long termer. As for Cosgrove etc has anyone ever told him how boring he sounds? His comments are not as smart as a 10th grader!!
    Someone with half brain can think better than him

I haven't read the whole thread, or the whole prospectus yet, but again, (ref other generation IPO's) there seems to be an emphasis on high yield provided by high cash flow with a concerning low earnings.
    Aren't you actually paying $1.55 for $0.042 ?
    Genesis financials.JPG
    Last edited by peat; 30-03-2014 at 06:55 AM.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Thanks, JT.

Here's another (broker's) view:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...Genesis-Energy
    Thanks mac. Hey i know there is more research out there besides what me and macduffy have found ; haven't found it yet. If you've got some can you post it for all to see? Thanks in advance. My broker hounding me today re how many I would like.

IMO

Had a look at NZX website again and found under "independent research reports" 5 reports but they haven't been activated yet

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    I haven't read the whole thread, or the whole prospectus yet, but again, (ref other generation IPO's) there seems to be an emphasis on high yield provided by high cash flow with a concerning low earnings.
    Aren't you actually paying $1.55 for $0.042 ?
    Had a quick look into the offer as well and agree. According to the official numbers (check: https://d.genesisenergyshares.govt.n...4/#p=3&c=0&v=1) do they offer (apart from the one off bribe of 1 in 15 bonus shares) a company with a quite high P/E and not particularly attractive long term perspectives. The gas will run out over time and electricity generation prices are for some time unlikely to rise. In addition to that has Genesis the most unattractive mix of power plants of all (big) power companies in NZ (coal and gas fired vs renewables).

Will stay clear of this offer - feel free to pick up my allocation. Did a quick on the back of an envelope calculation - the shares start getting interesting if & when they drop below $1.30. I am happy to wait for that und invest my money until this point in time into more promising ventures

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Had a quick look into the offer as well and agree. According to the official numbers (check: https://d.genesisenergyshares.govt.n...4/#p=3&c=0&v=1) do they offer (apart from the one off bribe of 1 in 15 bonus shares) a company with a quite high P/E and not particularly attractive long term perspectives. The gas will run out over time and electricity generation prices are for some time unlikely to rise. In addition to that has Genesis the most unattractive mix of power plants of all (big) power companies in NZ (coal and gas fired vs renewables).

Will stay clear of this offer - feel free to pick up my allocation. Did a quick on the back of an envelope calculation - the shares start getting interesting if & when they drop below $1.30. I am happy to wait for that und invest my money until this point in time into more promising ventures

...there could be potential gain for the short-term - once they hit market I reckon they'll follow the same initial route as the other IPOs; raise by 10% within a day or 2 then plummet to 10-15% of issue price.
    But, one cannot guarantee that!

Quote Originally Posted by vorno View Post
    ...there could be potential gain for the short-term - once they hit market I reckon they'll follow the same initial route as the other IPOs; raise by 10% within a day or 2 then plummet to 10-15% of issue price.
    But, one cannot guarantee that!
    personly think this will depend on the following political polls, if NATS continuing leading then we will see all power co. share rising. Kupe gas and oil field still have another 10-15 years life left.

^The p.e is VERY HIGH and the electricity volumes are declining all over the countryby about 1% per year . This years p.e. is above 30. Stag it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by horus1 View Post
    ^The p.e is VERY HIGH and the electricity volumes are declining all over the countryby about 1% per year . This years p.e. is above 30. Stag it.
    Rough calculation if you obtain 30k shares in order to obtain 2k max bonus shares, 30k x 1.55 =46500x14.3%=6649.5 gross dividend plus 2k bonus shares at 1.55 =3100 Total =9749.5 Gross profit if you sell after a year, Of course could be significantly more if shares are worth $2 in a years time which is quite possible,your 30 k shares will then be worth an extra 13500 at $2 plus bonus shares plus dividend basically an extra 27k at $2 all up,Why stag it,just hold for a year