sharetrader
Page 155 of 386 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165205255 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 3851
    IMO

Good article IAK.Im all for it.Am holding ORE (lithium producer). Im planning on holding ZEL(bought at IPO $3.50) a while and get reasonable divs, some growth and a safer place to be in a correction. There is a window for ZEL atm and i watch closely for signs of E/V gathering momentum etc ; think I've got a few years yet.

The Kid

I agree plenty of time to collect dividends and a good capital gain - congrats Joshuatree. I must say on my last trip to San Francisco I was astounded at the number of Tesla's - exciting times!
    I also agree that a correction is a real possibility. Thanks for the heads up on ORE.

NZD dropping is a good positive tailwind for GNE. Depending on their hedging situation it is increasing the value of Kupe exports.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Traderx View Post
    NZD dropping is a good positive tailwind for GNE. Depending on their hedging situation it is increasing the value of Kupe exports.
    didn't work for NZO. Own half as much of Kupe, 1/10th the size but down 2.5% today.

El Toro~

Yield on GNE is looking VERY attractive, will be going in on any future weakness.

Might be posting links already posted earlier but if not some will find this interesting, I was talking to a fellow in Brisbane earlier this week and he sent me this, http://www.teslamotors.com/en_AU/ . Tesla's new power wall system, this will revolutionise the electricity industry!
    http://youtu.be/yKORsrlN-2k

Quote Originally Posted by blockhead View Post
    Might be posting links already posted earlier but if not some will find this interesting, I was talking to a fellow in Brisbane earlier this week and he sent me this, http://www.teslamotors.com/en_AU/ . Tesla's new power wall system, this will revolutionise the electricity industry!
    http://youtu.be/yKORsrlN-2k
    The car and the battery are no game changers. I have solar hot water and have looked very seriously at solar power so have done a lot of research. Until the government forces generators to pay more for residential surplus[yea right] then it is a no brainer.

The car looks good and they claim around 400km range, what they don't tell you is that the last 200km is at 60% power. To recharge takes many hours and until the recharge time is significantly less then the car is limited to just short trips, perfect for shopping or commute to work. There was talk about a year ago of having battery exchange stations around California where one could pull into a station, pull out the flattened battery pan and push in a fully charged one. Until a resolution regarding quick charging occurs then the car only has a limited application and as such only appeals to a small proportion of the population.

The Battery is just another form of storage, a little more efficient than current batteries. If one thinks that installation around $8000NZ and charging of this battery overnight at cheap rates and then using it during the day for a cost saving they are dreaming. The pay back is many 10's of years. If this strategy was cost effective then we would all be doing it with the current technology ,its a lot cheaper than Tesla's.
    Last edited by tony64peter; 13-06-2015 at 01:37 PM.

I agree with you T64, it wasn't my thoughts to say Teslas system would "revolutionise the electricity industry" I was copying what the person I was talking to had sent me.

My thoughts are there is a long way to go yet with solar but there will be big advances in the next years I suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by blockhead View Post
    I agree with you T64, it wasn't my thoughts to say Teslas system would "revolutionise the electricity industry" I was copying what the person I was talking to had sent me.

My thoughts are there is a long way to go yet with solar but there will be big advances in the next years I suspect.
    Misread on my part. sorry T

Kiwis on average move house every 7 years...that's how we make money...Solar power for domestic use remains utterly uneconomic...a waste of money...in Oz however...being almost totally fossil fuelled...its a boom industry...,why we do not embrace nuclear power astounds me...I may be wrong here ..but its my understanding that the 'damage done" to our environment by fossil fuels far out plays the effect of any negative influence of Nuclear power.Im probably wasting my breath here...as you probably know this already........................................... ...Can anyone tell me why the Greens are not embracing Nuclear power..??????