sharetrader
Page 2 of 383 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

This is the wonderful thing about IPOs - the punters cannot get enough of it irrespective of how badly burnt they are from previous experience.

This has to be the one where punters finally strike pay dirt, right?

John Key cannot afford to have a bad one so close to the election, surely?

So roll up, roll up!

Guru

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, same on me. Fool me three times????

May be in, lets wait till we see some details. They should panda to the Greens with a Convertable Note at a decent yeild. Force them to say they wont allow the note to convert.

Its hard to get excited about this when there are so many other opportunities out there. I think the pricing will be somewhere between "Yay, we are successful" and "God , I hope we can get people interested again" and ultimately it will please no one.....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, same on me. Fool me three times????

May be in, lets wait till we see some details. They should panda to the Greens with a Convertable Note at a decent yeild. Force them to say they wont allow the note to convert.

How has anyone been fooled twice? MELCA cost $1 at IPO and have traded 89c to $1.12 from memory and today are $1.05 - how is that a disaster, or are too many people thinking they'll make 30% like a spec Tech IPO.

Never buy a share with an ex politician as a chairman. Been caught out to much and remember Mainzeal. I wonder if the prospectus will admit that loads are declining and solar is economic. Solar costs declining 20% per year and generator prices increasing , means more solar. Watch this govt try and block solar in the next year after the election.Dont touch it

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Arbroath View Post
    How has anyone been fooled twice? MELCA cost $1 at IPO and have traded 89c to $1.12 from memory and today are $1.05 - how is that a disaster, or are too many people thinking they'll make 30% like a spec Tech IPO.
    Fair call but they did spend a while below their IPO price.

Quote Originally Posted by horus1 View Post
    I wonder if the prospectus will admit that loads are declining and solar is economic.
    They will admit loads are falling, the previous two did. They will not admit Solar is economic because it isn't, not yet, not for households anyway (in part because of the need to still build the distribution network to handle peak loads which a home based, grid tied solar install doesn't mitigate).

Solar is clearly economic and battery costs are falling fast.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by horus1 View Post
    Solar is clearly economic and battery costs are falling fast.
    For some but not (yet) for the normal family house. If you want to talk about solar, we should move to another thread.

This supports the basis of my argument. If you have a contrary, reliable, independent source, post it to a new thread and we can discuss.
    November 2013 Consumer Magazine reported: “The economics of grid-tied PV don’t stack up – particularly when you include the lack of significant environmental benefits. Our calculations show that most grid-tied PV systems have negative net present value (NPV), which means you’re better off putting your money in the bank.”
    Last edited by Harvey Specter; 26-02-2014 at 11:16 AM.

IMO

Interesting that Vector are doing trials with Sun Genie solar with a storage battery(thanks karen). looks promising.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Interesting that Vector are doing trials with Sun Genie solar with a storage battery(thanks karen). looks promising.
    There scheme is interesting as the use of a high tech battery and high tech software is the next generation. They also have a vested interest in this high tech solution as by shifting the generation to the peak demand via the battery and software, there network investment is reduced (since they have to build in a contingency above peak demand, anything that reduces that peak demand, potentially reduces the need for investment).