sharetrader
Page 229 of 386 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231232233239279329 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,290 of 3852

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
    Kupe is a cash cow and will last longer than people think. They have the technology to extend the life of the field.

the govt has canned any further gas or oil drilling

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=12031070

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=12030956

we can put a timeline on decreasing earnings for genesis and the govt
    one step ahead of the herd

10yrs of gas left before it runs out , i dont know if the power companies were planning on building more to replace the gas used for electricity? genesis will need to keep burning the coal? that be bad for the environment guess the govt never thought about that

When you go overseas ,which I am lucky enough to do every year, you see that what is being done here with oil is close to normal in Europe. We have been backward in addressing climate change issues and it will cost us in trade areas. The last 6-9 years will be seen in time as this country standing still . Gas fields of the SI are pie in the sky and always have been.

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    the govt has canned any further gas or oil drilling

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=12031070

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=12030956

we can put a timeline on decreasing earnings for genesis and the govt

I think this actually might be "price positive" for Genesis. I'd have to have a look at that retail presentation again by the CFO the other week but that next phase of getting the rest of the gas out of Kupe is mostly through "on shore compression" I recall ie no new drilling.

I wonder if NZO now regret selling their 15% in Kupe for what must now seem like an awful bargain.
    Last edited by Bobdn; 12-04-2018 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    I think this actually might be "price positive" for Genesis. I'd have to have a look at that retail presentation again by the CFO the other week but that next phase of getting the rest of the gas out of Kupe is mostly through "on shore compression" I recall ie no new drilling.

I wonder if NZO now regret selling their 15% in Kupe for what must now seem like an awful bargain.
    guess the point is once there gas is gone thats it , they will have to import it or close down that side of the business.

I dont believe this will reduce emissions in nz at all , they need to stop dairy farming by far the biggest greenhouse emitter

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    guess the point is once there gas is gone thats it , they will have to import it or close down that side of the business.

I dont believe this will reduce emissions in nz at all , they need to stop dairy farming by far the biggest greenhouse emitter
    Yes, I agree. It won't reduce emissions. It just means other countries are able to make even more money exporting their oil and gas to countries like us.

Thank god we've still got coal to keep the lights on (like last night).

I'm wondering if I have subscribed to DRP on the 10/04 and have deposited today in my account is because it wasn't enough time to process the DRP? Does anybody knows about it ?.

Quote Originally Posted by MauroNZ View Post
    I'm wondering if I have subscribed to DRP on the 10/04 and have deposited today in my account is because it wasn't enough time to process the DRP? Does anybody knows about it ?.
    Looks like the DRP closed on the 6/10 so you may have been too late?

I see the current share price is almost the same as the DRP strike price now, so you haven't really missed out on much at all.

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/316627

On a completely unrelated matter: has anyone else noticed that genesis's oil sell price is consistently lower than the market rate for oil? Our oil is being sold for $56 bbl (barrel of oil) when oil is currently going for $70 bbl. What an absolute waste.

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...833/277751.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Yes, I agree. It won't reduce emissions. It just means other countries are able to make even more money exporting their oil and gas to countries like us.

Thank god we've still got coal to keep the lights on (like last night).
    Rob Oram spoke about gas prices to Kathryn Ryan and brings some common sense to the debate (discussion about gas starts just after 15 minutes):

https://www.radionz.co.nz/national/p...tator-rod-oram

• He noted that there is still scope for new onshore exploration and discovery in Taranaki; where the infrastructure to use it already exists
    • 45% of gas is used to create Methanol (a cheap commodity) - debatable value to NZ economy
    • Compared NZ gas prices ($26.20USD/GJ) with those in the US ($9.20USD/GJ) so NZ gas prices from established field is already much higher than international market
    Last edited by Onion; 20-04-2018 at 10:53 AM. Reason: remove unnecessary words

Bobdn, they lock their sales prices for oil with forward futures contracts...sales were well above spot prices in recent years when oil was very low, as low as $30 barrel.
    When oil peaks up they will lose out a bit but you can't have it both ways.
    I thought their latest quarterly update was actually very good and am a little surprised that the SP has come under pressure.
    Anyone got any thoughts why ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine