sharetrader
Page 279 of 384 FirstFirst ... 179229269275276277278279280281282283289329379 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,790 of 3831

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    FY21 guidance
    EBITDAF guidance for the full year ended 30 June 2021 is in a range of
    between $395 million to $415 million. This is subject to hydrological
    conditions, any material events, one-off expenses or other unforeseen
    circumstances. Genesis continues to target its strategic goal of $400+
    million EBITDAF in FY21. Capital expenditure guidance for FY21 is up to $95
    million.

Come one bull..GNE yeild is around 6-7 persen!! the best in the class!!
    higher dividend yield is gne but better growth prospects and possibly sustainable dividend is mcy. and gne will need to transition from huntly to wind as they mentioned and wind is questionable on sustainable earnings. i owned gne before but have moved to mcy now
    one step ahead of the herd

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    higher dividend yield is gne but better growth prospects and possibly sustainable dividend is mcy. and gne will need to transition from huntly to wind as they mentioned and wind is questionable on sustainable earnings. i owned gne before but have moved to mcy now

Yup bull...keep your MCY 3persen yield....

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BigBob View Post
    Would that not only be the case if there was no uptake of the DRP...? Assuming say 30% uptake there would be no need to borrow, would there...?
    At half year it was 20%, I doubt it would be close to 30% now, and issuing more shares simply means less dividend will be able to be paid per share in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    At half year it was 20%, I doubt it would be close to 30% now, and issuing more shares simply means less dividend will be able to be paid per share in the future.
    Ah, yes longer term dilution... Good point...

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...324/328796.pdf

Very resilient performance is extraordinarily low hydrology conditions. Very impressive. Dividend increased again.

Gross yield a whopping 8% is outstanding. Huge 33% upgrade to Kupe's reserves and excellent outlook with a forecast of $405m EBITDAF at mid point, up from $356m this year.

Expenses well controlled and major upgrade to Kupe reserves marks this out as a very reliable dividend income stream for the foreseeable future.

That sort of yield for a reliable utility is remarkable when interest rates are headed to zero.

Disc: I doubled my stake earlier this week and am looking for more.

Long term I expect GNE to be the least affected of the gentailiers by Tiwai's closure.
    Last edited by Beagle; 20-08-2020 at 09:47 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

notice in there statement they also said if smelter closes
    one step ahead of the herd

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Based on today's numbers, GNE probably is the least attractive of all gentailers imo...
    Perhaps. But their assets seem pretty solid. Good bunch of HYDRO, north and south island, some wind and Huntly should NZ need thermal capacity in the event of dry periods. I have tried not to pick which one to own, I think I have some of them all. I recall reading in here years ago that in the event of one power company having a down year, then another one is probably going to do OK / better. Not expecting huge share price appreciation, just a steady contribution to my dividend stream. Happy to continue to hold.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...324/328796.pdf

Very resilient performance is extraordinarily low hydrology conditions. Very impressive. Dividend increased again.

Gross yield a whopping 8% is outstanding. Huge 33% upgrade to Kupe's reserves and excellent outlook with a forecast of $405m EBITDAF at mid point, up from $356m this year.

Expenses well controlled and major upgrade to Kupe reserves marks this out as a very reliable dividend income stream for the foreseeable future.

That sort of yield for a reliable utility is remarkable when interest rates are headed to zero.

Disc: I doubled my stake earlier this week and am looking for more.

Long term I expect GNE to be the least affected of the gentailiers by Tiwai's closure.
    Well said Beagle. For those very reasons I bought a few more yesterday and am happy I did. Despite Tiwai issues, we will be seeing fairly reliable dividends from the Gentailers in the coming few years at rates that have to be regarded as very good in today's World climate. We can debate which ones are the best but I suggest a spread amongst them makes sense at present.

Discl: Hold GNE and CEN

Thanks Iceman and yes its probably wise to have a good spread of these gentailiers.

I love dividends so I simply choose the gentailier with the broadest spread of assets and the highest yield. From memory Kupe was gradually going to wind down over the next 16 years which would eventually affect their ability to pay a dividend. With this massive reserve upgrade, (and I am confident it won't be the last upgrade), I think the field may last longer than I will so I am happy to collect 8% forever and a day with interest rates headed to zero.

The dividend reinvestment plan is a great way to boost one's yield. the 2.5% discount effectively boosts the 8% yield to 8.2% (8 / 0.975).
    I think 8.2% is a phenomenal yield for a reliable utility company so I added more this morning and continue to fully subscribe to the dividend reinvestment plan.
    I got offered 0.25% per annum to reinvest my Kiwibonds the other day for another 6 months. 0.25% or 8.2%...that has to be the simplest decision I can recall in recent years.
    Last edited by Beagle; 20-08-2020 at 10:22 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

I will do so master Beagle!