sharetrader
Page 297 of 383 FirstFirst ... 197247287293294295296297298299300301307347 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,970 of 3830

[QUOTE=ratkin;869799]
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post

They about the same everywhere, pretty much all under 1% I have another 100k coming off on the 5th not liking the markets much now, very hard to find a safe haven.
    Same as what I have coming off TDP tomorrow. Not advice, but for me 8.55% gross in Turners, (see my latest post in that thread), or nearly 10% gross with HLG look like very attractive opportunities to me. Both companies doing very well and on very realistic forward PE's. I have more headroom, (with my self imposed 15% ceiling in any one stock) with Turners so some of that hundred is almost certain to find its way there.

What about investing on the other side of the ledger at Heartland with its shares ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 02-02-2021 at 01:11 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

[QUOTE=Beagle;869808]
    Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post

Same as what I have coming off TDP tomorrow. Not advice, but for me 8.55% gross in Turners, (see my latest post in that thread), or nearly 10% gross with HLG look like very attractive opportunities to me. Both companies doing very well and on very realistic forward PE's. I have more headroom, (with my self imposed 15% ceiling in any one stock) with Turners so some of that hundred is almost certain to find its way there.

What about investing on the other side of the ledger at Heartland with its shares ?
    They have all gone up ridiculous amounts though, would not feel comfortable joining in now. Pretty much applies to all the stocks I own, all doing fantastic, but do not really have an urge to invest in any of them. Tempted to just leave in cash until a decent correction, surely there has to be one soon. Alternatives are to stick it in Kiwi saver, which can access in Six years time, or sprinkle it around my smartshares ETFs, or horror of horrors take the 1% and think about it again in Six months

[QUOTE=ratkin;869822]

They have all gone up ridiculous amounts though, would not feel comfortable joining in now. Pretty much applies to all the stocks I own, all doing fantastic, but do not really have an urge to invest in any of them. Tempted to just leave in cash until a decent correction, surely there has to be one soon. Alternatives are to stick it in Kiwi saver, which can access in Six years time, or sprinkle it around my smartshares ETFs, or horror of horrors take the 1% and think about it again in Six months
    Believe me I hear what you're saying ...BUT...Maybe something to ponder....Have they ALL though ? Consider the price of HLG ($6) or HGH ($1.87) a year ago compared to today.
    How does their current price stack up considering their prospects in the years ahead and the truly pathetic returns elsewhere ?
    Disc: HGH and HLG are already my two biggest positions, OCA is third.
    Last edited by Beagle; 02-02-2021 at 01:53 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

[QUOTE=Beagle;869830]

Believe me I hear what you're saying ...BUT...Maybe something to ponder....Have they ALL though ? Consider the price of HLG ($6) or HGH ($1.87) a year ago compared to today.
    How does their current price stack up considering their prospects in the years ahead and the truly pathetic returns elsewhere ?
    Feel I have enough exposure to the NZ markets, until they correct a bit at least. Spark I might look at as one of the few do not own at the moment.

I might buy some more GNE too. This particular "term deposit" has been extremely rewarding. Don't see any banks offering 35% for 4 months (105% per annum). Probably go to $5.25 if they sell their stake in Kupe and invest in a huge solar array. Another 35% return would be very nice !
    Last edited by Beagle; 02-02-2021 at 03:35 PM.

Guru

Yes interesting now that Govt wants to go full on green.

read this morning.

[QUOTE=Beagle;869830]

Mr B I thought BRM was in your top 3?

Genesis showing significant outperformance compared to its peers MEL and CEN (by not falling!). Market has finally seen how undervalued it was compared to the rest of the sector. Dividend in around a month too so that should maintain buying pressure.

[QUOTE=FatTed;870316]

Mr B I thought BRM was in your top 3?
    I do have a substantial position in Barramundi warrants, (BRMWF), which I intend to exercise on 29/10/2021 and when exercised they will move back into a top 3 position. The warrants are a very high conviction hold despite some recent price weakness.

It's been interesting to watch the "hot air" come out of the other Gentailiers...some people and funds really have gotten more than a little carried away with ESG criteria in my opinion and seem to have elevated ESG well past traditional metrics of importance like earnings and yield.
    Last edited by Beagle; 12-02-2021 at 02:18 PM.