sharetrader
Page 3 of 343 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Interesting that Vector are doing trials with Sun Genie solar with a storage battery(thanks karen). looks promising.
    There scheme is interesting as the use of a high tech battery and high tech software is the next generation. They also have a vested interest in this high tech solution as by shifting the generation to the peak demand via the battery and software, there network investment is reduced (since they have to build in a contingency above peak demand, anything that reduces that peak demand, potentially reduces the need for investment).

Guru

And back to Genesis:
    Bill English has announced key details:
    • The shares will be priced at the start of the offer period, rather than at the end as occurred with the previous share offers.
    • The Government expects to sell between 30 per cent and 49 per cent of the shares in Genesis.
    • The Government will offer a loyalty bonus scheme to eligible New Zealand retail investors

Also no shares will be offered to US institutions as it creates too much paperwork and hassles under US law.
    http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/PA140...hare-offer.htm

Solar directly affects this sale.If volume drops Huntly closes retail price drops. I repeat this is a lemon. If you want a lecture on industry economics I can provide it.

Waiting to see what the offer looks like. Didn't go for any of the others but I may well have a punt on this. The government wont want a disappointing final sale = possible bargain.

Will not even be a stag in this one as Treasury advises the government on new technique to maximise price - ie. institutions will get the shares they want as brokers (on behalf of clients) will bid same time as institutions.

Never known a broking house to put their own money on the line on behalf of clients.

Shudder!

wow its gonna be a real money maker this one lol esp since i just got a email to say my power prices are going up heaps
    one step ahead of the herd

I hear they are getting cheaper and cheaper all the time

Now likely to be way less than $2 when people were talking about $3 bucks a while ago

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I hear they are getting cheaper and cheaper all the time

Now likely to be way less than $2 when people were talking about $3 bucks a while ago
    still effectively about $3 winner. They doubled the number of shares to 1 billion a few days ago, but even so, the yield range seems attractive.......
    Last edited by Xerof; 13-03-2014 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    still effectively about $3 winner. They doubled the number of shares to 1 billion a few days ago, but even so, the yield range seems attractive.......
    At least somebody on the ball

Must be a bargain at $1.35 odd .... certainly $3 sounds expensive ... and does Mum and Dad worry about the number of shares - of course not, its the price that matters .... and power companies getting cheaper by the day

Guru