sharetrader
Page 304 of 388 FirstFirst ... 204254294300301302303304305306307308314354 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,040 of 3876

Bought some at market today. Huntly is the backup energy resource for the country. It is critical when the wind farms, solar farms and hydraulic stations do not work under extreme weather conditions.

If there is another lockdown, we still need energy.

6-7% div yield is attractive at present price and not many companies are able to deliver that.

Always interested in hearing everybody's views, thanks.

I have been sitting on the fence with this one, and continue to have a small parcel. Might well have bought some more, but got lured in by WHS instead - that drop just after lunchtime was just too tempting

percy

I hold GNE and SPK both for their divies, and also for their liquidity, in case I ever need a big amount of cash in a hurry..
    Always a market for both.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtech View Post
    Always interested in hearing everybody's views, thanks.

I have been sitting on the fence with this one, and continue to have a small parcel. Might well have bought some more, but got lured in by WHS instead - that drop just after lunchtime was just too tempting
    Funny you mention that. I was trying to buy them today as well and had lazy low bids in for both them and GNE. Missed on the WHS by 2 cents and thought well...I'm not going to miss GNE by 2 cents as well on the same day so adjusted my bid and met the market on GNE today. Try again this week for more WHS.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I made a note to myself sometime ago that $2.45 would be a good top up price. Still waiting. About this suggestion that interest rates may rise sometime, probably to some still miniscule level, the problem I see is that it just doesn't tally with the current approach of throwing money at everyone and everywhere to keep individuals and businesses afloat. How believable is it that in just a year or 18 months they will be causing distress to the same by raising rates to any significant extent? Not at all I reckon. Savers will be sacrificed.

Guess I did miss my chance at 2.45 in April last year. But I'm not someone who can be greedy when others are fearful, I'm fearful too.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nor View Post
    Guess I did miss my chance at 2.45 in April last year. But I'm not someone who can be greedy when others are fearful, I'm fearful too.
    Like your honesty

Interesting that while NZ is relying on coal for electricity generation for however much it cannot produce by other means, every new electric car increases the amount of coal used.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Nor View Post
    Interesting that while NZ is relying on coal for electricity generation for however much it cannot produce by other means, every new electric car increases the amount of coal used.
    The irony of this won't be lost on many.

However the government will choose to ignore it.....

Dirty coal as well ..Transported roughly 7000 km