sharetrader
Page 333 of 388 FirstFirst ... 233283323329330331332333334335336337343383 ... LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,330 of 3876

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    A taste of what happens from accross the ditch whem you shut down coal generation without considering the consequences;

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-06-...ding/101149978

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Many thanks for your excellent on topic contribution. Very interesting and hopefully something that doesn't happen here
    Last edited by Beagle; 16-06-2022 at 12:11 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    hopefully something that doesn't happen here
    It did already last year on the coldest day of winter.

What really sucks to me and its off topic for GNE, but whatever, I bought AGL shares specifically envisioning that this might occur and their horribly smelly and hated coal units would come into play big time and make super profits. but no they couldnt keep them online.... not because of environmental reasons but just stupid maintenance issues. So it hasnt panned out as I expected, and yet I made a good call.... oh well cant win em all.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    It did already last year on the coldest day of winter.

What really sucks to me and its off topic for GNE, but whatever, I bought AGL shares specifically envisioning that this might occur and their horribly smelly and hated coal units would come into play big time and make super profits. but no they couldnt keep them online.... not because of environmental reasons but just stupid maintenance issues. So it hasnt panned out as I expected, and yet I made a good call.... oh well cant win em all.
    Thanks for the reminder of just how valuable GNE's Rankine units really are and now that you mention it, I do recall that incident. I think Transpower ultimately were the ones at fault there ? Had to really crank the gas fire up that day ! Mind you if you live in a leafy suburb with plenty of trees power outages in big storms are a common occurrence...happens so often its easy to forget specific instances like the one you mentioned.
    Last edited by Beagle; 16-06-2022 at 12:28 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fiordland Moose View Post
    To be fair Shareguy, I am giving nil advice on GNE....I am just calling out with sarcasm what I see to be flagrant & suspect downramping on various threads by a particular poster, followed by equally suss up-ramping on other threads (and this one) where that poster has has a vested financial interest. Happens all too often, all the time, over a long period of time, and users should be alert to and weary of (even if the said alleged ramping happens to be on a share that I own and I stand to benefit from). The quotations in my post are not my own words, but my mockery of the sort of ramping that occurs on this forum by another, unique, poster.
    Yes a timely reminder and not just for GNE, never trust anyone who isn't willing to put out their failings openly and only talks about their successes and how they called this or that right, their motives are dark and as they downramp hoping you will sell they will be loading up at your expense. Its a nice day outside so I won't be supporting GNE much today by having the gas heater on, time to start pruning the roses.

Taylor Swift says it best...haters are gunna hate. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfWlot6h_JM

Might have the gas powered fire on tonight...fueled by that lovely LPG that comes from Kupe.
    Last edited by Beagle; 16-06-2022 at 01:36 PM.

Investments

GNE keeps getting better and better ...at least from yield prospective ....

First W69 buy point coming ...$ 2.40 then Mr Bs extra truckloads level $ 2.35 ....Hopefully I will be done by then
    Last edited by alokdhir; 16-06-2022 at 02:47 PM.

Investments

With NZ economy / GDP already showing signs of respiratory distress limiting RBNZ rate rises ...will it help GNE find the elusive bottom or $ 2.35 on cards still ?

Guru

I've understand the boiler at Huntly might be Ok until 2040 if started up slowly,6 hours startup? but the pipes might need replacing.
    Maintenance & reliability will be the issue

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    With NZ economy / GDP already showing signs of respiratory distress limiting RBNZ rate rises ...will it help GNE find the elusive bottom or $ 2.35 on cards still ?
    You are confusing the profitability of the company and its ability to payout its owners, with what the market is prepared to pay for it. They are two different things. Very successful company's that reliably pay out a large percentage of profits to shareholders, from time to time get marked up or down by the market. Is the market right? No, not usually as the market trades on short term sentiment. Are the owners right? yes, probably because they don't care what the market thinks as they already own the asset and enjoy the success of the company. IMO don't confuse successful company's with whatever the market sentiment thinks, the company is solid and the market is schizophrenic. They are not the same thing.

Guru

Compared to OZ and their heavy coal and age generating systems NZ seems blessed.

Why is it that the NZ economy would ever go in to recession.