sharetrader
Page 344 of 383 FirstFirst ... 244294334340341342343344345346347348354 ... LastLast
Results 3,431 to 3,440 of 3830

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Hey bull, JFAL= Just For A Laugh. I bought 21,000 CEN @ av. price $7.026 on top of what I already own, just for the upcoming div and possibly a quick trade, but because they went up over 30c over the next 3 days, I sold them over 6k profit. Now that is what I call lol all the way to the bank. Am now ready to buy them back and maybe keep them a bit longer for the div or another trade.
    Hi seaweed, interested to see how your foray into manawa/trust went...you bought for special divvy and I sold because of special divvy plus ongoing divvies....I,m happy with my outcome but now need to find a home for the cash..hope you came out ok too

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy415 View Post
    Hi seaweed, interested to see how your foray into manawa/trust went...you bought for special divvy and I sold because of special divvy plus ongoing divvies....I,m happy with my outcome but now need to find a home for the cash..hope you came out ok too
    Started to get a bit nervous thinking how much they might drop after EX div day so sold off 15,000 before ex div and sold another 16,000 on and after ex div and have kept the rest. They sent me a $10,000 div but am down on those trades. A good lesson learnt. But not too worried will get it back trading CEN.

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Started to get a bit nervous thinking how much they might drop after EX div day so sold off 15,000 before ex div and sold another 16,000 on and after ex div and have kept the rest. They sent me a $10,000 div but am down on those trades. A good lesson learnt. But not too worried will get it back trading CEN.
    Never too old to learn was obviously coined by some wise guru...it holds true time and time again,

Strong day for GNE today. I'm not a technical trader, does anyone know where the next point of resistance is likely to be?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by xafalcon View Post
    Strong day for GNE today. I'm not a technical trader, does anyone know where the next point of resistance is likely to be?
    Finished with few sellers and lots buyers
    Tomorrow will be interesting

Investments

Next big resistance should be both 200SMA and 200EMA around $ 2.87-88 !!

But seeing its usefulness in such market conditions ...its perfect hedge against inflation and very high yield provider ....think it can reach $ 3.00 before going ex dividend

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post

But seeing its usefulness in such market conditions ...its perfect hedge against inflation and very high yield provider ....think it can reach $ 3.00 before going ex dividend
    Good buying under 250 eh alokdhir …..even though there was a possibility of it going to 220 if the difference to govt stock was going to be maintained. My apologies if anybody listened and missed out on cheap ones but it’s not my fault punters are happy taking on more ‘risk’ than ever before.

So from here if GNE is seen as a safe haven from recessions / inflation then punters might be excited at getting a 7% gross yield ……jeez share price might get back to 370 odd next year …. big capital windfall for some.

That’ll test a few ‘investors’ resolve (and mine) …..sell and take the big gain (and a divie or two) of more than 50% in my case or just sit tight and collect the 9% pa divie (on purchase price)

Not a problem for those who’ve bought solely for the dividend and will hold forever
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post

Thanks for taking the time to reply and answer my question

I am expecting a very good result to be published next month. Huntly was running solidly in H2 as hydro levels were preserved. And the value of oil reserves has basically doubled. I assume gas value has also risen, but as the gas is stranded in NZ, it won't be directly following LNG prices

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Good buying under 250 eh alokdhir …..even though there was a possibility of it going to 220 if the difference to govt stock was going to be maintained. My apologies if anybody listened and missed out on cheap ones but it’s not my fault punters are happy taking on more ‘risk’ than ever before.

So from here if GNE is seen as a safe haven from recessions / inflation then punters might be excited at getting a 7% gross yield ……jeez share price might get back to 370 odd next year …. big capital windfall for some.

That’ll test a few ‘investors’ resolve (and mine) …..sell and take the big gain (and a divie or two) of more than 50% in my case or just sit tight and collect the 9% pa divie (on purchase price)

Not a problem for those who’ve bought solely for the dividend and will hold forever
    I bought on the way down at 258 and 248. Sold a few to lock in a gain, but still sitting on a significant holding which I'm happy to retain for the dividend while watching the SP

Today's trading will be interesting. This stock shows almost zero correlation to Wall Street, so no overnight guidance from there

I bought on the way down at 258 and 248. Sold a few to lock in a gain, but still sitting on a significant holding which I'm happy to retain for the dividend while watching the SP

Today's trading will be interesting. This stock shows almost zero correlation to Wall Street, so no overnight guidance from there
    Well done … you’ll be excited when share price goes over 300 and heads on upwards to 350 …even at 350 more than acceptable yield for some punters
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”