sharetrader
Page 369 of 385 FirstFirst ... 269319359365366367368369370371372373379 ... LastLast
Results 3,681 to 3,690 of 3849
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by xafalcon View Post
    One would expect that a change of government would be supportive of all gentailer stocks as the blue team have stated they will not proceed with Lake Onslow pumped hydro. A very short sighted and unnecessarily political stance IMO
    I was at a recent Infratil meeting and they and all Gentailers were apposed to a numerous amount of investment opportunities put forward. Not enough earnings for how much they would need to invest or proved to unknown. I’m sure they (Infratil and Gentailers) will be looking at what Blackrock has offered and what they expect to get back. If the numbers look good you can expect Gentailers to hop on board. I am glad all businesses look at things from a profit point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    I was at a recent Infratil meeting and they and all Gentailers were apposed to a numerous amount of investment opportunities put forward. Not enough earnings for how much they would need to invest or proved to unknown. I’m sure they (Infratil and Gentailers) will be looking at what Blackrock has offered and what they expect to get back. If the numbers look good you can expect Gentailers to hop on board. I am glad all businesses look at things from a profit point of view.
    The gentailers, thanks to Max Bradford's work, have a strong financial incentive to keep NZ electricity market on the brink if perpetual shortage which keeps prices for all generators at the highest point possible. Hence they generally oppose projects that go against this strategy

Blackrock will be no different to other investment companies - the investment has to make a return that shareholders accept. I don't see Blackrock as bringing anything new to the table, 9r being any sort of disruptor

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by xafalcon View Post
    The gentailers, thanks to Max Bradford's work, have a strong financial incentive to keep NZ electricity market on the brink if perpetual shortage which keeps prices for all generators at the highest point possible. Hence they generally oppose projects that go against this strategy

Blackrock will be no different to other investment companies - the investment has to make a return that shareholders accept. I don't see Blackrock as bringing anything new to the table, 9r being any sort of disruptor
    Blackrock is absolutely no different than the other companies, but that should make you think what did the government offer for them to spend 2 billion in NZ, that they did not offer the others.

https://www.1news.co.nz/2023/08/13/reason-for-caution-over-blackrock-climate-investment-expert/
    Last edited by Ggcc; 14-08-2023 at 11:26 AM.

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

So just what are Blackrock bringing to New Zealand?

They already run a New Zealand Fund - ticker ENZL - and Meridian and Contact already feature in their Global Clean Energy Fund - ticker INRG.

Will the new fund be building new stuff, or just buying $2 billion-odd of the $30-odd billion narket cap of CEN GNE MCY MEL?

Now if it'd been Brookfield. . .

Guru

$2.51... a screaming bargain.

Who needs cash when you have GNE.

Yep I’m in….. too good to pass up at that price.

Too early ...wait. index rebalancing coming soon..

Quote Originally Posted by X-men View Post
    Too early ...wait. index rebalancing coming soon..
    Could go either way though? Maybe hedge bets and drop feed….

MSCI index rebalancing...GNE is out on 31st August...

History showed when a stock out from a club....index fundies are forced to sell no matter how good is the stock or whether their holdings under water or not...

Quote Originally Posted by workingdad View Post
    Could go either way though? Maybe hedge bets and drop feed….
    My investment strategy is to buy in the dips, averaging down in several buys if the SP continues to fall. I base a price dip on what I believe is a fair trading price for the stock

It would be nice to buy at the very bottom, but we never know where the bottom is (was) until an uptrend is confirmed. And then it's often too late

With an upcoming dividend of about 9cps, probably imputed to 80%, and interest rates set to fall, I consider $2.50 good buying. Factor in the % prospect of a National government being elected = kicking Lake Onslow for touch, and less likelihood of additional regulation