sharetrader
Page 379 of 383 FirstFirst ... 279329369375376377378379380381382383 LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,790 of 3830
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I think you can always find a bit of both in these sorts of updates.....

I think it is good... reduction of 200-300 staffs....it will result to higher profit

From Market Close today ….Forbar a bit dismal …maybe i might see GNE around 220 soon.

Brokers Forsyth Barr, in a research note, said the electricity sector appeared to have “defied gravity” over the past two years.

“Our analysis suggests the risk of a negative share price reset is rising with a growing risk of earnings downgrades – from 2027 onwards – and the return of a risk on environment favouring cyclical stocks over defensive yield stocks,” it said.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Broker....they have thier own agenda.....

Look at their predictions and analysis..... especially frosty crook.... well...give me a tui

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    From Market Close today ….Forbar a bit dismal …maybe i might see GNE around 220 soon.

Brokers Forsyth Barr, in a research note, said the electricity sector appeared to have “defied gravity” over the past two years.

“Our analysis suggests the risk of a negative share price reset is rising with a growing risk of earnings downgrades – from 2027 onwards – and the return of a risk on environment favouring cyclical stocks over defensive yield stocks,” it said.
    And Craig's
    , "with good progress on its Future-gen strategy, potential to provide dry-year risk cover and an attractive yield (~10%), GNE presents as an attractive complementary exposure to our core electricity sector holdings in portfolios."

Well.. which one to believe??? Coin toss?? Head or tail?

I would pick Craig because genesis has an asset that can be used during next year el Nino dry season

On today note... Genesis is getting ready Huntly station which can provide electricity to 400k houses next year if hydro is low
    Last edited by X-men; 20-10-2023 at 07:37 PM.

nice to see genesis helping its big power customers reduce their bills

Genesis Energy working with small businesses to move away from fossil fuels

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/business/...m-fossil-fuels

i emailed brantley the CEO yrs ago about genesis future and specifally asked him if genesis would transition to more of a marketer of power in the future so im very interested to see if there new strategy update leads this way.
    of course he didnt confirm any of my thinking but just said they are always considering there future
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

Money talks, another development. WOTT?
    https://businessdesk.co.nz/article/l...1baf-446239310

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    Money talks, another development. WOTT?
    https://businessdesk.co.nz/article/l...1baf-446239310
    I can't read the article beyond the first few lines, but it sounds Iike a bribe? And $180M? And to various tribes? If true, this is a huge and unnecessary waste of money. Nobody owns water - it falls from the sky, often too much of it. Maybe the tribes should be paying for the devastation the rain caused NZ in the past years??

Seriously, NZ is not known as a corrupt country. But this seems to suggest otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by xafalcon View Post
    I can't read the article beyond the first few lines, but it sounds Iike a bribe? And $180M? And to various tribes? If true, this is a huge and unnecessary waste of money. Nobody owns water - it falls from the sky, often too much of it. Maybe the tribes should be paying for the devastation the rain caused NZ in the past years??

Seriously, NZ is not known as a corrupt country. But this seems to suggest otherwise
    hope this is investigated by the anti corruption brigade
    one step ahead of the herd